`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think is the biggest product bomb?

What do you think is the biggest product bomb?
I know this is kinda like apples and oranges debate.
But what product do you think was the biggest flop/just plain waste of time in lets say the last 5 years or so??

I haven't bought a ton of stuff lately. But I would say for me personally I dont like all the reprints from the last few years or so. Idk maybe its just me,I think they are running out of ideas for new cards.
Some companies have stepped up though.
I would like to see more of a variety from companies, rather then just reprints from yesteryear.

But all that aside my choice would be Allen Ginter. Now dont get me wrong I luv the feel/look of the cards. But for the price of a hobby box is kinda high considering the chances of even hitting a low end auto is kinda high I think.
Id give A&G a 7/10 score.

What are your thoughts on flops,wasted money and time??

RE: What do you think is the biggest product bomb?
I think Ginter is still one of the best they put out. The biggest issue is the sheer number of releases. I've been screaming forever they need to consolidate this stuff. Roll GQ and A&G into on release, put archives and heritage together, and museum, triple threads and tribute should be one line as well. I don't care if you make them into series 1 and 2 like the main set or turn one into an insert set for the other. It would make the sets worth the price and drive up sales.

I think chrome is the worst release, it really just needs to an insert set in the main series releases.
Is this thing on?

This year in 2013 so far Museum was just junk

I think we'll look back on all the high-end products that won't hold their value. Four per year is just unsustainable. I think the market will back off eventually due to the flooding.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

They need to stop with all the retro products. Ginter is great but they should really limit the heritage/archives/lineage type stuff. There is no need to put out essentially the same product 3 times a year. I'd rather those be an insert line from some other product. I'd say the worst was probably lineage.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Bowman Platinum

I guess my only complaint on A&G is price for what ya get. I luv the card look over aal, and all the wacky cards ya can get lol.

I really think there just pushing this stuff out to make money
I mean really like multiple variations of one card is over kill if ya ask me.
Like base card, then maybe 4-5 different refractors of that card, then cant forget to auto each of he refractors, then ya got plates. Then ya might get the same base card autod, then same base card with relic, then cant for get same card auto and relic lol.

I think thats why im not really into this newer stuff its nioce and all but like some have said its over kill.

The reprint retro like said above really saddens me some. If I wanted that card I would go but a 1982 or whatever set.
No one really cares a hot prospect is on a retro card from the 80s or what not.
Im waiting for something like Stadium club to come out lol.

(06-30-2013, 11:01 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: I guess my only complaint on A&G is price for what ya get. I luv the card look over aal, and all the wacky cards ya can get lol.

I really think there just pushing this stuff out to make money
I mean really like multiple variations of one card is over kill if ya ask me.
Like base card, then maybe 4-5 different refractors of that card, then cant forget to auto each of he refractors, then ya got plates. Then ya might get the same base card autod, then same base card with relic, then cant for get same card auto and relic lol.

I think thats why im not really into this newer stuff its nioce and all but like some have said its over kill.

The reprint retro like said above really saddens me some. If I wanted that card I would go but a 1982 or whatever set.
No one really cares a hot prospect is on a retro card from the 80s or what not.
Im waiting for something like Stadium club to come out lol.

This is hilarious. It reminds me of a lot of Topps products. I love them but they do just go wild with the amount of refractors and parallels. Fun to collect but so expensive.
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

Topps has got to create new product line, probably to replace Gypsy Queen or Archives. Outside of Topps Flagship and Chrome, all designs are based on past card styles or designs. Something innovative would be fantastic.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(06-30-2013, 10:45 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: They need to stop with all the retro products. Ginter is great but they should really limit the heritage/archives/lineage type stuff. There is no need to put out essentially the same product 3 times a year. I'd rather those be an insert line from some other product. I'd say the worst was probably lineage.
I agree totally with Lineage (Even though I pulled a Musial auto out of the box I bought). It was just a bland looking product with retired players. I love Archives and Heritage and have decided that I will do one of these a year, depending on what design is being emulated. This year I am doing Archives, but have already decided that (if the pattern holds) I'm doing Heritage next year with the '65 design.
Personally I have really soured on Bowman labelled products. I'm not a prospector so the product just really doesn't work for me. On top of that the designs are pretty bland and don't really innovate with their look. Bowman, Prospects, Draft, Draft Piicks, and the Chrome variants all just look the same. I'll pick up the Tigers and such through trades but I'm off buying any Bowman boxes.
The base Topps also needs a bit of design innovation, but I still buy a jumbo box of each series to complete the set and pick up trade bait through the inserts, GU, and autos. Seriously look at the base set from 2009 to present and there needs to be more differences in the graphics on the front.
Of the two tobacco flashback products I prefer Gypsy Queen to Ginter. I really have no time for battleships, buildings, opera singers, whales, et al in my box break.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!