`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please explain to me about Toploaders...

RE: Please explain to me about Toploaders...
(06-29-2013, 10:03 PM)djohn Wrote: Adding a stamp would either require and additional step during manufacturing or a change to their molds. It essentially comes down to cost. If there was enough demand that showed people were willing to pay a premium for them then the companies might do it. However I don't think most people would pay a premium, considering even if you know the size of the holder you still have to figure out the size of the card.
Knowing is half the battle.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(06-29-2013, 01:35 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: I've seen the following sizes for the normal 3x4 card

20pt, 55pt, 75pt, 100pt, 120pt, 130pt, 180pt and 360pt
+1 that summarizes it pretty well
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

I've purchased some toploaders, but they're too thin when trying to add the card + penny sleeve. Is there a different pt system for that, brand, etc, to get the right one?
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

It would be better for the cards to say what pt they were since toploaders already say on the package. Then you wouldn't have to guess anything.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

What, in y'alls opinions, would you consider to be the best brand of toploaders that will help the card + toploader fit nicely?
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

guys the common size is 35 pt NOT 20 pt
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

I buy 35pt for the basic cards. And I usually get the regular Ultra-Pro from the LCS and never from Tar-jay or Wallyworld-sometimes they seem a little off and too thin to get a card with a sleeve into.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(06-30-2013, 10:03 AM)nthnoak Wrote: It would be better for the cards to say what pt they were since toploaders already say on the package. Then you wouldn't have to guess anything.
Yeah, but when you're grabbing from a mixed lot of top loaders like I am, you have no clue what you're grabbing. Lol
(06-30-2013, 10:41 AM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: guys the common size is 35 pt NOT 20 pt
Are the 20 pts the flimsy ones?
(06-30-2013, 10:36 AM)hurdygurdyman Wrote: What, in y'alls opinions, would you consider to be the best brand of toploaders that will help the card + toploader fit nicely?
I trust Ultra Pro. Always have; always will.
(06-30-2013, 12:18 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I buy 35pt for the basic cards. And I usually get the regular Ultra-Pro from the LCS and never from Tar-jay or Wallyworld-sometimes they seem a little off and too thin to get a card with a sleeve into.
Darn. I was gonna grab a pack from the Wal.
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!

(06-29-2013, 09:21 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: 20 pts.
It's the basic cards. No thickness to them just straight flat.

Hmmmm This gives me an idea...
Why don't manufacturers just stamp the point size at the bottom of the top loaders?! This'll make it easier with less guessing when grabbing random top loaders.
Another step in the process increases time and costs of maunfacturing, thus increasing the MSRP and overall price increase for the consumer....

Its kinda easy to tell with the naked eye what size toploaders fit what stock when you have been doing it for a while.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(07-01-2013, 06:41 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Another step in the process increases time and costs of maunfacturing, thus increasing the MSRP and overall price increase for the consumer....

Its kinda easy to tell with the naked eye what size toploaders fit what stock when you have been doing it for a while.
Not really. I don't pay attention to it. Never have. It's like looking at the stats and the info on the back of cards. I used to read that when I was a kid. Now, I just look for the serial numbers, the copyright date, and certification of authenticity.