`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Andrew Luck Upper Deck Update

Andrew Luck Upper Deck Update
I hate to beat a dead horse but I guess I am going to. Does anyone have any updates on this? Will Luck have his redemptions filled in July as someone previously stated. I know exquisite 2012 releases next week and am very curious. I would really like to own some of his Upper Deck Rookies in his Stanford Uniform.
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

RE: Andrew Luck Upper Deck Update
(06-28-2013, 11:50 PM)elite football cards Wrote: I hate to beat a dead horse but I guess I am going to. Does anyone have any updates on this? Will Luck have his redemptions filled in July as someone previously stated. I know exquisite 2012 releases next week and am very curious. I would really like to own some of his Upper Deck Rookies in his Stanford Uniform.
Well you aren't guaranteed luck, just a 1st Round QB autograph. I've not seen any news on Andrew Luck Signing a deal with Upper Deck yet either.

You could end up with Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden or even Robert Griffin III, if he doesn't sign a contract.
Eddie George Super Collector

Can you imagine the price for a Luck upper deck RC?
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

(06-28-2013, 11:50 PM)elite football cards Wrote: I hate to beat a dead horse but I guess I am going to. Does anyone have any updates on this? Will Luck have his redemptions filled in July as someone previously stated. I know exquisite 2012 releases next week and am very curious. I would really like to own some of his Upper Deck Rookies in his Stanford Uniform.
Luck will not be in Exquisite this year
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

That would be such a huge bummer if he was not. I would spend a lot on a Luck UD Rookie. Their designs and quality of cards are still top notch. How do you know Luck will not be in exquisite this year? What is the source on this? I want to hold out hope until UD says they will not have Luck cards.

(06-29-2013, 07:56 AM)hurdygurdyman Wrote: Can you imagine the price for a Luck upper deck RC?
No such thing as an Upper Deck RC. No license, nor RC
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(06-29-2013, 08:51 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: No such thing as an Upper Deck RC. No license, nor RC
It is a rookie to me. First year card out of college. That should define a rookie for NFL. Baseball is different because of the weird rules now. So would you consider a 99' Josh Hamilton an RC or a 07?

Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

(06-29-2013, 11:58 PM)elite football cards Wrote: It is a rookie to me. First year card out of college. That should define a rookie for NFL. Baseball is different because of the weird rules now. So would you consider a 99' Josh Hamilton an RC or a 07?
Licensed cards are rookies in my opinion, period. I could make a card just like UD and it is as close to a rookie as theirs. Don't get me wrong, I own some Upper Deck items from the last few years. They are first years cards like Press Pass, but not rookies. Beckett still loves UD, (always have) so the cards are still valuable, ridiculously valuable, for not being licensed.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there also a trade card in 2011 Exquisite for a 2012 First round QB...which, if speculation is correct, would be the Andrew Luck everyone was hoping for?

(06-29-2013, 08:49 PM)nol84kc Wrote: That would be such a huge bummer if he was not. I would spend a lot on a Luck UD Rookie. Their designs and quality of cards are still top notch. How do you know Luck will not be in exquisite this year? What is the source on this? I want to hold out hope until UD says they will not have Luck cards.
I would disagree on quality. The photography in this years base set was blurry on some cards - thin stock, and QC dept wasn't that worried about corners and edges.

Heck - UD could always pull a "Leaf" and cut out Luck autos from other products and stick them on there cards! That's a way around licensing agreements!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]