`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Andrew Luck Upper Deck Update

RE: Andrew Luck Upper Deck Update
I have concerns it may still be some time before we see anything from our redemptions. I've seen cases like this before where the company had the athlete sign all the new product-to-be-inserted cards first before going back to fulfill any redemptions.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

And the question becomes....would you consider this a RC?
And - I am asking this for the folks arguing FOR using RC on UD products.

But - this is technically being released 1 year AFTER his RC season.

That's like arguing that the Football Heroes Joe Namath card a few years ago was his UpperDeck rookie, right? Wink
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(07-06-2013, 11:10 AM)ugameck Wrote: And the question becomes....would you consider this a RC?

That's like arguing that the Football Heroes Joe Namath card a few years ago was his UpperDeck rookie, right? Wink
-1. Terrible comparison. You should go buy some airbrushed press pass

(07-06-2013, 12:37 PM)nol84kc Wrote: -1. Terrible comparison. You should go buy some airbrushed press pass
Great post.

Anyway UGA, I think one could argue it to be his rookie. Didnt I see ppl post that guys in the past had rookie card in other brands after their rookie season and after they had rookie cards in previous years?

IMO, first year card = RC. I don't know how you separate his first card made and his cards made in his first year.

Im glad I dont have these kinds of problems with my small collection.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(07-06-2013, 11:10 AM)ugameck Wrote: And the question becomes....would you consider this a RC?

I would say that because this was a redemption inserted in a product out the year that would be his first year in the league, the fact the card isn't being sent to the redeeming collectors until now has zero to do with whether it is considered a card from 2012 or 2013. It is from a 2012 product.

In hockey, UD inserts "Rookie Redemptions" specific to team, every year in Artifacts, because the product is released very early, and the Rookies aren't declared yet (this has to do with the rules regarding who is a rookie that year). These rookie cards are usually not created or sent out until after the season is over. They are STILL rookie cards, even though they weren't even made until after the season.

For that matter, what if I pull a redemption out of Panini for a Rc that doesn't get fulfilled until a year or so later, is it NOT a Rc when I DO get it?? Of course it is!! It just took Panini a year and a half to get the scrub to sign the thing!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(07-06-2013, 01:42 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I would say that because this was a redemption inserted in a product out the year that would be his first year in the league, the fact the card isn't being sent to the redeeming collectors until now has zero to do with whether it is considered a card from 2012 or 2013. It is from a 2012 product.

In hockey, UD inserts "Rookie Redemptions" specific to team, every year in Artifacts, because the product is released very early, and the Rookies aren't declared yet (this has to do with the rules regarding who is a rookie that year). These rookie cards are usually not created or sent out until after the season is over. They are STILL rookie cards, even though they weren't even made until after the season.

For that matter, what if I pull a redemption out of Panini for a Rc that doesn't get fulfilled until a year or so later, is it NOT a Rc when I DO get it?? Of course it is!! It just took Panini a year and a half to get the scrub to sign the thing!
Awesome post. The redemptions were all inserted into 2012 products which makes them 2012 cards. Who else is pumped that the longly anticipated us trade card is luck. The wait was worth it and upper deck came through once again.

(07-06-2013, 12:37 PM)nol84kc Wrote: -1. Terrible comparison. You should go buy some airbrushed press pass
Ouch. I didn't mean to pee in your milk cup this morning. When did I say I was a current fan of presspass? I WAS their biggest fan, now I'm stuck buying thrown together sticker autos since I'm a collegiate collector.

My thought is this - if it took UD 3 years to redeem it, would you still consider it a rookie?

I for one don't consider the 2004 Topps Chrome Lavar Arrington a RC.

If the copyright for the Luck says 2012 - I'm with y'all. If it says 2013 - no dice. The card would be released 1 year after his rookie year. I understand that the redemption is from 2012 - but is the card itself from 2012.

I'm thrilled that UD tied down this deal. I hate exclusive contracts.

(07-06-2013, 02:58 PM)ugameck Wrote: Ouch. I didn't mean to pee in your milk cup this morning. When did I say I was a current fan of presspass? I WAS their biggest fan, now I'm stuck buying thrown together sticker autos since I'm a collegiate collector.

My thought is this - if it took UD 3 years to redeem it, would you still consider it a rookie?

I for one don't consider the 2004 Topps Chrome Lavar Arrington a RC.

If the copyright for the Luck says 2012 - I'm with y'all. If it says 2013 - no dice. The card would be released 1 year after his rookie year. I understand that the redemption is from 2012 - but is the card itself from 2012.

I'm thrilled that UD tied down this deal. I hate exclusive contracts.
The copyright on exquisite and other products is 2012. Making it a rookie card. I bet they have had the design and cards ready for a while.

(07-06-2013, 03:02 PM)nol84kc Wrote: The copyright on exquisite and other products is 2012. Making it a rookie card. I bet they have had the design and cards ready for a while.
I meant the redemptions themselves. If UD was smart, they'd have produced the cards and just never released them so they actually are part of the set. (Which I'm assuming they did).

(07-06-2013, 12:54 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/07/uppe...card-deal/
If I'm Andrew Luck I would want my $ in cash up front from UD.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.