`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Call....You want to look at these!

Mail Call....You want to look at these!
Here is the mail I've gotten the past week. I'm still waiting on some more, but I wanted to share these bad boys Smile

[Image: scherzer_zps329a22be.jpg]
A couple of Max's for my PC. Auto is 28/75 and the Patch is 40/99. I'm staying away from his RC right now because it's going for too much.

[Image: tettletonmcclian_zps7941cf4c.jpg]
A Couple of Archives auto's for my pc. Mickey Tettleton from the good old days and the last 30 game winner in the major leagues Denny McLain. Love my Tigers!

[Image: sandbergrc_zps19866812.jpg]
Another Tigers Auto for my PC....Darrell Evans. Also this Ryne Sandberg RC. I paid $4 for it. No joke. Unreal.

[Image: ryanjsy_zps40a75c3e.jpg]
Love these two. Sheffield, Green, Beltre, Park Quad Bat. Not a Dodgers fan, but liked the look. 1999 Upper Deck Nolan Ryan 3 COLOR! Game Used Jersey. My first Nolan game used. My dad used to collect his stuff, so I had to get him a jersey card!

Then this was my favorite card of the week. I'm falling more in love with low graded vintage, and honestly couldn't think of a better player to snatch up for a low price.....
[Image: kalinepsa3_zps25a0a89c.jpg]

Thanks for the look. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: Mail Call....You want to look at these!
Like the Evans and McLain auto. Great pickups and thanks for sharing.

Awesome mix of cards! A little bit of everything for everybody ... Vintage, auto, relics, modern, graded ... Well done!
Side note: the co-signer with Scherzer .... Hunter Mense ? Really, Mense? Perhaps that's why he never made it ... Why wouldn't someone in his family change that last name? His family is named after the Menstual Cycle? What a horrible last name for a ball player. Stadium announcers probably hated calling his name when he stepped up to the plate. Poor guy. There have been some bad names in baseball, but that's the second worst I've heard.
Can anyone guess the worst?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Very nice pickups! That Sandberg for $4 is crazy!

(06-28-2013, 10:40 PM)The_Baseball_Fan Wrote: Very nice pickups! That Sandberg for $4 is crazy!

Bid price $1.51 +$2.49 shipping. I couldn't believe it. I also picked up a Topps, but that hasn't arrived yet. I'll be looking to snatch up a Fleer just to get all 3 as well.

I love the Sandberg! One of my favorite cards when I was a kid. Lately, I have felt really nostalgic about collecting when I was younger. I pulled out some of my old cards from the 80's and 90's a few months ago and I had a small binder of maybe 40 cards that I just loved when I was a kid and that was one of them. They are all beat up and stuck to the plastic so I've been trying to get really high grades of those same cards. Almost done too. Now I am going to try to find PSA certified autographed copies of all those cards. It's really bringing me back.

Love the Dodgers quad too... what set is that from?

(06-28-2013, 10:58 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I love the Sandberg! One of my favorite cards when I was a kid. Lately, I have felt really nostalgic about collecting when I was younger. I pulled out some of my old cards from the 80's and 90's a few months ago and I had a small binder of maybe 40 cards that I just loved when I was a kid and that was one of them. They are all beat up and stuck to the plastic so I've been trying to get really high grades of those same cards. Almost done too. Now I am going to try to find PSA certified autographed copies of all those cards. It's really bringing me back.

Love the Dodgers quad too... what set is that from?
I'm really interested in the older cards that I always wanted as a kid and never could get or could get, but got rid of. I traded a 1975 Topps Hank Aaron Mini and a Hakeem Olajuwon Beam Team for an '83 Topps Sandberg RC when I was about 12. I'll be picking up more HOF RC's soon I'm sure. I need to get a decent Ripken for my '82 Topps set. It's finished, but would love to get an 8.5 or 9.

Anyway, the Dodgers is from 2001 SP Game Bat MIlestone Edition? I've never heard of it, but that's what it says on the back lol.

(06-28-2013, 08:21 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Here is the mail I've gotten the past week. I'm still waiting on some more, but I wanted to share these bad boys Smile

[Image: scherzer_zps329a22be.jpg]
A couple of Max's for my PC. Auto is 28/75 and the Patch is 40/99. I'm staying away from his RC right now because it's going for too much.

[Image: tettletonmcclian_zps7941cf4c.jpg]
A Couple of Archives auto's for my pc. Mickey Tettleton from the good old days and the last 30 game winner in the major leagues Denny McLain. Love my Tigers!

[Image: sandbergrc_zps19866812.jpg]
Another Tigers Auto for my PC....Darrell Evans. Also this Ryne Sandberg RC. I paid $4 for it. No joke. Unreal.

The Max out of 75 has Hunter Mense. We played against his little league team all the time as a kid. Hes from Liberty, MO. Was a fantastic player but it shows how hard it is to make it.
[Image: ryanjsy_zps40a75c3e.jpg]
Love these two. Sheffield, Green, Beltre, Park Quad Bat. Not a Dodgers fan, but liked the look. 1999 Upper Deck Nolan Ryan 3 COLOR! Game Used Jersey. My first Nolan game used. My dad used to collect his stuff, so I had to get him a jersey card!

Then this was my favorite card of the week. I'm falling more in love with low graded vintage, and honestly couldn't think of a better player to snatch up for a low price.....
[Image: kalinepsa3_zps25a0a89c.jpg]

Thanks for the look. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

That's pretty cool you played against him.