`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you tell what pt fits a card?

How can you tell what pt fits a card?
I'm looking at buying some new snap down cases for some of my higher end cards, but how do you know what size pt to buy without actually just trying them out?

Thanks guys.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

RE: How can you tell what pt fits a card?
google or ask on here. pretty sure you will just have to give product and someone will already have it

I usually end up just trying them out. I buy a variety of sizes. I use One Touch magnetics.

Most normal cards fit nicely in a 35pt.

Most relics fit nicely in a 75pt so I buy lots of those.

The next most common size in my experience is the 100pt.

After that I pretty much keep 2x 55pt, 130pt, 150pt, 180pt on hand. There is also a 360pt that's required for like the 2013 Topps Silver Slugger cards but I just buy one when I need one instead of keeping them on hand.

(06-25-2013, 10:44 AM)aktlingit Wrote: I usually end up just trying them out. I buy a variety of sizes. I use One Touch magnetics.

Most normal cards fit nicely in a 35pt.

Most relics fit nicely in a 75pt so I buy lots of those.

The next most common size in my experience is the 100pt.

After that I pretty much keep 2x 55pt, 130pt, 150pt, 180pt on hand. There is also a 360pt that's required for like the 2013 Topps Silver Slugger cards but I just buy one when I need one instead of keeping them on hand.
This advice is spot on

yeah, you would think that the card companies would work with the card protector manufacturers so that you wouldn't always have to figure that out. Too many different sizes and thickness of cards to keep up with!

I have used this as a guide:
*1 Regular Card = 20 Point - Use All Standard or Regular Card Holders
*3 Regular Cards = 55 Point - Use 55 Point Holders (Also called Action Packed Size or Thick)
*4-5 Regular Cards = 70-75 Point - Use 75 Point Holders or Extra Thick Holders
*6-8 Regular Cards = 120-130 Point - Use 130 Point Holders (Commonly called Memorabilia Size or Real Thick or 3.5 mm)
*9-12 Regular Cards = 180 Point - Use 180 Point Holders (Also called Super Thick)
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered