`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 pack 1996-97 topps

1 pack 1996-97 topps
Could I pull a Kobe with one pack? I went to a grocery store and they have a vending machine full of 90's and early 2000's packs. I was fascinated by the concept knowing the possible damage that could occur after a pack falls from the top row down to the bottom of a hard and cold metal pit. I've never seen anything like it! After scanning my options, I saw a row of 1996-97 topps basketball for $1. I had to try simply for the novelty of the item. So here it is...

[Image: 1996-97topps_zps45104ada.jpg]
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

RE: 1 pack 1996-97 topps
Wow. That was some good luck.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

A vending machine that's spits out packs of cards. Man do I wish they had one of those in Memphis.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

(06-23-2013, 08:23 AM)kfeldman Wrote: I went to a grocery store and they have a vending machine full of 90's and early 2000's packs.
totally salivating now

That reminds of this gas station about 45 minutes from my house ... About 12 years ago I was a reporter in between basketball games at the high school gym across the street, so I walked over to the gas station to get some food ... saw this vending machine that was selling 1987 and 1988 Topps football cards, like five for a quarter.

For the next hour I pumped like $20 worth of quarters into that machine and pulled the RCs of Bo, Bosworth and Testaverde ... the lady behind the counter was looking at me like I was nuts, LOL.

Next time I'm there I'll take a picture of this thing. I can tell no one has touched this machine in at least a decade. The newest packs were from 2003. It also had some 2001 Topps baseball, and maybe I'd try my luck at a Pujols since I scored with that Kobe.
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

Ya I would have totally went to town on that thing...
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(06-24-2013, 07:18 AM)kfeldman Wrote: Next time I'm there I'll take a picture of this thing. I can tell no one has touched this machine in at least a decade. The newest packs were from 2003. It also had some 2001 Topps baseball, and maybe I'd try my luck at a Pujols since I scored with that Kobe.
Pujols was in 2001 Topps Traded and not the regular Topps packs. If they have 2001 Topps Traded packs in there for $1 then you better buy them ALL, because you could easily flip them for BIG profit or open and find Chrome, Refractors, and Gold parallels of Ichiro and Pujols not to mention several other big cards. I loved the 2001 Topps Traded cards and wish packs were reasonably priced now.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Sweetness
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK