`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Jumbo Topps Series 2 (NOW ... EVEN MORE SCANS!)

RE: 1 Jumbo Topps Series 2
Check me for your dbacks, thanks
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-21-2013, 05:22 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Don't feel bad, I pulled a Brock Holt auto. The kid has 8 career AB's and no future in the MLB outside of a low-end utility guy. I was furious.
I feel your pain! Not sure that the HOF is rushing to clear a spot for Scott Diamond either Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sounds like the 2 turds I got. I didn't pull a SP though. 2 jumbos and I got a Wily Peralta and Brock Holt. I was gonna post my hits but I didn't have any to post. If you need any base let me know I'll send them out to you. I think I'm going to do the WBC and Making Their Mark sets.

I'd also be interested in the Freese if your trading.

(06-21-2013, 06:10 PM)phreakyq Wrote: id take that freese off your hands! i'll be posting my break tommorrow
Cool! Hopefully you get some nice Yankee stuff to trade in your break! Good Luck!
Actually, the way my luck is going, you'll pull your own Freese MVP card, yourself Smile
(06-21-2013, 06:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Actually Doc, I'm pretty sure there are no autos or relics in the blasters with the patches ... I remember checking that specifically a product or two ago.

I think Topps' thinking is, hey we gave you a free patch, what else could you possibly want, LOL

I could be wrong, but make sure to consult the small print on the side of the blaster first ... if you're looking for hits, that is.

But base, yeah, blasters are the way to go.

Actually, I recommend the $10 "blisters" or whatever they're called ... the 72-card cello packs inside the flatter cardboard boxes ... it's about six packs worth of base cards, no dupes, and they do have relics/autos ... I pulled a Buster Posey All-Star jersey out of an Update one last year, and a McCutchen jersey out of Series 1 this year.
Wow! You're absolutely correct, RJ!
Thanks! There are no autos listed in the odds on a blaster, but they're there on the listed odds for the hanger packs! Guess I'll buy a few more of those Smile
The blister box, or what I call a hanger box is almost like getting a jumbo pack .. Same price, just more base cards!

I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-21-2013, 10:24 PM)Neifert Wrote: Sounds like the 2 turds I got. I didn't pull a SP though. 2 jumbos and I got a Wily Peralta and Brock Holt. I was gonna post my hits but I didn't have any to post. If you need any base let me know I'll send them out to you. I think I'm going to do the WBC and Making Their Mark sets.

I'd also be interested in the Freese if your trading.
Yeah, the HOF isn't dusting off plaques for Wily and Brock either Smile
Didn't check to see if 2013 series 2 is in the ORG ... Once I can list the Freese MVP, I'll do so. I also have a Pedroia pin card from series 1 that I should have listed for trade, too. Anyone need some Pedroia?

RE: 1 Jumbo Topps Series 2 (with scan!)
Picked up a few rack packs today .. got my first Pink card and a couple of cool Target Red boarder cards today.

[Image: null_zpsb04176fc.jpg]

There were other inserts, the best being the Duke Snider die cut refractor "Cut to the Chase" card. Other than that, not a bad break. Wish the Pink card was Jeter, but ... oh well.

RE: 1 Jumbo Topps Series 2 (NOW ... EVEN MORE SCANS!)
Sweet hit on the Pink. Those are tough especially from retail!

Awesome Dr M. on the pink! Been chasing them around to complete my rainbows. Great reds also...I think you did more then really well from a "few" packs. Congrats.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

You didn't happen to get any Lucroys in any of your breaks, did you? If so, we would definitely be interested! Thanks!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I'll take the Diamond off your hands...
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.