`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping question for our resident Aussies

Shipping question for our resident Aussies
So as I posted awhile back I made that miraculous flea-market find we all dream about: Dennis Rodman 1997-98 SPx Grand Finale parallel #10/50. I sold it on the 'bay and shipped it international priority mail, which supposedly takes 6-10 business days. We're currently at 15 business days and counting and the item has not been delivered. This is the most valuable card I have ever owned (albeit briefly) and needless to say losing that sale would hurt a ton!

The item was shipped to Queensland, Australia and the last update on the tracking was that it left Miami, FL on June 3rd. My question is directed at our friendly Australian members but if anybody else has any insights I would welcome them!

Have there been any shipping issues were packages get delayed in customs or anything of that nature? The buyer and I agreed to put the value at $400 so that it wouldn't be held up, but is this at least a possibility? And if so, wouldn't it have been scanned first so at least I know it got to Australia safely? Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Also, I guess if anybody tries to sell you that card on the cheap, report it stolen Sad
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Shipping question for our resident Aussies
(06-20-2013, 11:30 AM)buckunteer Wrote: So as I posted awhile back I made that miraculous flea-market find we all dream about: Dennis Rodman 1997-98 SPx Grand Finale parallel #10/50. I sold it on the 'bay and shipped it international priority mail, which supposedly takes 6-10 business days. We're currently at 15 business days and counting and the item has not been delivered. This is the most valuable card I have ever owned (albeit briefly) and needless to say losing that sale would hurt a ton!

The item was shipped to Queensland, Australia and the last update on the tracking was that it left Miami, FL on June 3rd. My question is directed at our friendly Australian members but if anybody else has any insights I would welcome them!

Have there been any shipping issues were packages get delayed in customs or anything of that nature? The buyer and I agreed to put the value at $400 so that it wouldn't be held up, but is this at least a possibility? And if so, wouldn't it have been scanned first so at least I know it got to Australia safely? Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Also, I guess if anybody tries to sell you that card on the cheap, report it stolen Sad
I'm from Australia, how was the card sent? If it wasn't EMS or Global express or some other Express service, then it can literally take weeks...

There really is no time limit to how long a regular post service will take including priority and any other service through USPS and UPS...

The tracking on everything is never consistent and only the Express services actually get updated....

Packages can be held at customs for a number of reasons, but i don't think it will be flagged as the declared value is under $1000 US...

I would not be worried about it, for at least a month!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(06-20-2013, 11:55 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: I'm from Australia, how was the card sent? If it wasn't EMS or Global express or some other Express service, then it can literally take weeks...

There really is no time limit to how long a regular post service will take including priority and any other service through USPS and UPS...

The tracking on everything is never consistent and only the Express services actually get updated....

Packages can be held at customs for a number of reasons, but i don't think it will be flagged as the declared value is under $1000 US...

I would not be worried about it, for at least a month!
That was my thought as well. I wasn't going to be worried until the end of this week at the earliest. However, my buyer is both highly impatient and speaks awful English and has already opened an item not received complaint. I tried to explain to him that shipping there has always been inconsistent and it could take longer than expected, but he doesn't care.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

Thats why I don't deal with overseas Sad wishing you the best buck, hopefully everything works out.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Last time I bought something from Australia it took over 3 weeks.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

Anywhere from 1 week to three weeks, buck. It also depends on where this fellow is in Queensland - if he's at, say, Mt. Isa ... delivery could take a quite a while. You have to understand that the lower fifty states for the U.S comfortable fit into the entire mainland of Australia and we've only got 5 states and 2 territories on our mainland - that's a lot of empty land in between.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

What has me more worried than anything is that I accepted a trade from a member on here from Australia 3 days after I shipped the Rodman and I got that package already. Not a good sign!

(06-20-2013, 04:02 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Thats why I don't deal with overseas Sad wishing you the best buck, hopefully everything works out.

AMEN to no overseas shipping! lol
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

UPDATE: It arrived today! (Friday, in Australia Smile ) Guess I just needed to post my worries and the rest took care of itself. Big sigh of relief, I can re-start the MJ auto search Smile

glad it got there, thats usually how these things work.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]