`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2013 Archives redemptions..Any good?

2013 Archives redemptions..Any good?
I just bought a small 8 redemption card lot of these off the Bay and was wondering if any one has gotten anything good from them yet? I paid $14.50 shipped and hope to do well with the redemptions. Just wanted to see what or if anyone else had redeemed any and what they got.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

RE: 2013 Archives redemptions..Any good?
They're cool, but I think you definitely overpaid. Most cards are neat vintage cards, but usually commons in poor to decent condition. Also, you might struggle finding a dealer that will allow you to redeem all of those at once. Their supplies are limited and it offends some shop owners. The flawed redemption program is meant to get people to purchase a box from a hobby shop and then return with their redemption card. Just make sure you make a purchase of some sort when you're in the shop and they shouldn't have any right to be upset.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Agreed with the above...

No dealer around my parts will let you redeem more than 3 without some sort of confirmation that you bought them from the shop... If you bought 14 boxes of archives, I'm sure they would remember you and set the cards aside in a special pile!

I redeemed my 3... I received a '54 topps common with a clunk of dirt/extreme water (or coffee?) damage, a '66 rookies common that looked like it had been rolled up to snort coke back in the day, and a '7x topps card of an astros manager...

I don't know if they are inserting "hits" in here, but the "base" can suck it. I wish my daughter were old enough to ride a bike... They'd make great noise makers!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

The cards are commons in poor shape as stated previously.
I got two and while mine were in better shape than most they weren't in good condition, I was lucky enough to get cards without creases but the corners were completed rounded off.

Also as said, the local dealer may not take all those. I know my LCS has to hold back on these redemption to ensure his customers get them as people buy them on ebay and want to redeem.

I've redeemed a few, and mine were in pretty good shape, except they were seriously off-center. I saw one guy get one that was straight out misprinted (the back was centered, but the front was WAY off)

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Wow!. What the hell is wrong with Topps? Thank you everyone for your input because I did not know you had to take them back to a dealer to have them redeemed. Im hurting because there are no shops around here for miles and miles. I have never been a fan of redemptions because in my eyes if you don't have the card already in hand then don't offer it to me and when I try to claim it tell me that you don't have it and will send me something else. I was just hoping to get a few vintage cards, even if they were only commons without having to travel back out to a shop or else where to claim my cards. I remember the cards your mom threw out redemption thing and liked it except for the fact that I buy a pack of Topps cards just to pull a card that says they owe me a card just to have to pay shipping to get my card. Thanks again to all and now I will have to figure out if I can recoup my losses.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

I'm sorry to hear that man. This kind of thing really upsets me, Topps does a HORRIBLE job of clarifying its programs. Would it kill them to dedicate a page to their website for clear rules on how these things work?
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]