`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condition Pricing

Condition Pricing
So as of late ive noticed in a lot of organizers lately making trades alot of collectors have a lot of their stuff marked mint. Which everyone knows that drives up the price. I know when i first got on the site ever time you loaded a new card it would automaticlly list your card at a mint 9 grade.

After a few LMAO upgrades... It all changed from Mint 9 to NM-Mint 8.

To be honest i love the change however my concern is some collectors keep this in thier cards at a Mint 9 grade and it drives up the price. So what is your take on this? Do you change your cards grade even though they are not graded to reflect your card a Mint 9 to even out the trade because the other persons cards arent actually graded. Or do you trust the person and allow them to keep the card in that grading condition hoping if you ever do atept to grade the card yourself it comes back at atleast a 9?

Just wondering... I know im beating a dead horse with this topic! This has been talked about many of times.

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

RE: Condition Pricing
If someone has all their 2011 and newer stuff marked MINT I pretty much won't even look at the trade unless they explicitly state everything has been graded. Flat out scamming in my opinion as they had to go change all their cards to MINT so they know it's not the default.

If it's only a few cards here and there I'll look to see if they have a lot of my needs and then make a decision after that whether it's in my interest to trade or not.

The worst is when it's vintage and they have them either NM-Mt or Mint.

I had a trader I was trying to work a deal with the other day. He had his vintage (1961s in this case) marked NM-Mt, even though he told me the cards I was wanting weren't in the best shape. He picked a few cards he needed and was saying how close the deal was. I asked him a couple of times to change the condition to reflect the true condition and he never did. He went on to mention that the deal was in my favor. But in reality it wasn't because his weren't in the condition they were marked. He up and canceled the second time I tried to ask about changing the condition.

Not saying he was trying to scam. But when he didn't change the condition and still wanted NM-Mt value in trade, even though they were Ex at best, I wasn't going to do the deal anyway.

I don't mind trading with guys who have newer cards marked Mt as long as the deal is in my favor a bit (enough to cover the price difference between Nm-Mt and Mint). But if everything is Mint, most likely he isn't going to want to work to be fair, nor will he want to change the condition to reflect the true values.

I have everything marked an 8. Vintage I usually pull first to see how bad they are and will greatly trade in the other persons favor if they are in really bad shape. I won't change the condition on Beckett as I have 50k plus cards uploaded so I don't have the time to personally grade each one. I am also not a pro grader so I wouldn't want to put it's a 5 then the person gets it and thinks it's more like a 4. I don't want to get into the argument. If it's that beatup though I am upfront with the person about it and will even scan in the card so they can judge for themselves. I have a Sweet Spot Verlander auto for trade and I've had a couple of people add it to a trade. I told them eventhough it's marked 8 the auto is faded like it is on many from that set. They declined the trade and moved on. No biggie, just be honest and upfront about it and everyone should be fine.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I have seen it multiple times, and I either ask the other trader to change their cards to NM-MT or just divide their value down to the appropriate level (divide by 1.25 for newer cards). It does suck when it comes to vintage cards, as the value is much tougher to calculate though.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Unless it's below an 8, I won't touch the grade. I'm not a professional grader, so who am I to judge it. Instead I'm just open and honest about any defects and am always willing to scan the cards.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(06-19-2013, 02:21 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Unless it's below an 8, I won't touch the grade. I'm not a professional grader, so who am I to judge it. Instead I'm just open and honest about any defects and am always willing to scan the cards.
Exactly how all trades should be handled in my opinion. Just work it out people. That is what we are here for.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Beckett prices the modern cards at NmMt (8) and the vintage cards at MrMt (8).

I either shy away from anyone that has everything marked as Mint or if I really want something I will regrade my cards to Mint to match theirs.