Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Shoutout to benner73 and Bonds20001
Thumbs Up 
Quick Shoutout to benner73 and Bonds20001
So I've been trading here for a little over a year now - my Reds collection is now going to be close to 8K unique cards. So actually, it's a shoutout to everyone I've been trading with. This has been overall a good experience - over 250 trades completed and only 3 that I wasn't happy with. A good batting average.

Anyway, about 6 weeks ago benner73 had posted something to the effect of "looking to downsize" and wanting to move 80s/90s base. So I sent him a ridiculous open offer for OVER A THOUSAND Reds cards I needed. And we worked out a trade. I know it was a massive pain in the butt for him to pull all this stuff, but the cards all showed up today. They're in great shape and they filled in some HUGE gaps in my collection, especially from the mid-90s when I was away at school and not really collecting. I can't thank him enough for taking the time to put all that together.

And then, I had a pretty sizable trade with Bonds20001 that we finalized right as the site screwed up a bunch of trades/peoples' orgs last week. It was a big hassle, but we managed to work the trade out and mostly, I think, reconstruct the trade we agreed to. Which is awesome because I really wanted those Tek cards of Griffey and Casey that I got. In any case, the trade was an enormous hassle because of the site but I think we got it figured out... I am still convinced I owe him another card but for the life of me can't figure out which one it was! I suppose the trade was close enough for both of us. So props to him for sticking it out through all the garbage the site was throwing at us.

I guess I just wanted to recognize a couple of good traders given some of the stuff that has been happening around here lately. Thanks, guys.
I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

RE: Quick Shoutout to benner73 and Bonds20001
Wow that's a monster deal! I've had a big one with benner73 as well, not that big but he is great to deal with as you are.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-18-2013, 10:15 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Wow that's a monster deal! I've had a big one with benner73 as well, not that big but he is great to deal with as you are.
Yeah, it was a monster deal. I am going to be sorting through this stuff for weeks! Smile
I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

Both great members. It's nice to hear these things though. Congrats on the major boost to your collection.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Always nice to hear good news. Sounds like a couple of major additions. Congrats on the milestones!!
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

Wow....Great to hear the positives. Congrats on the additions and have fun going through your cards!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Awesome guys.... Two of my repeat traders also.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]