`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need help identifying what the patches in these Mantle cards are.
Wink 
Need help identifying what the patches in these Mantle cards are.
So I was browsing through the Ebays the other day and I ran across some peculiar Mickey Mantle cards. All of the sellers claim that they are game used Yankees jerseys, but the are obviously not. At least they aren't part of the outside of a yanks jersey. Does anyone have any idea about what these pieces are from? Are they even real?

[Image: z56Cd77.jpg]
[Image: ACixXeP.png]
[Image: 94sbe41.jpg]
[Image: QXjSWu4.png]

I'm looking to buy one of them and I would rather not buy something fake.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

RE: Need help identifying what the patches in these Mantle cards are.
That's tough. My first thought was that they are obvious fakes since the Yankees jerseys don't have those patterns on them anywhere but then I thought, why would anyone be so stupid as to fake a card and use patches that are obviously not yankees jerseys. When in doubt, stay away. Are these all from the same seller? If so, I wouldn't go anywhere near them.

Pieces of a tie or ties that mantle's estate sold to Topps.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

those are real, but they arent yankees jerseys as west said above, they are ties and suits that were bought from the mantle estate. i think the cards state they are "player word" or something like that

they did it for mays as well

There real and very cool looking
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Originally most of the Mantles were inserted 1 per Topps factory set.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Thanks guys. I'm a little mad that the cards say game used though. Last time I checked, Mickey Mantle never played baseball with a tie on.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

(06-18-2013, 09:11 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: Originally most of the Mantles were inserted 1 per Topps factory set.

Exactly. I remember seeing these in Target. The Mantle cards were box toppers, sealed into the top of the boxes inside a display bubble. As said, these pieces were all of ties and a think maybe a jacket I've seen (tweed like material).

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Street clothes used in Relics that were bonus cards in Target factory sets whatever year it was.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I remember them doing that now at Target before I gave up collecting for a bit around 2007. Didn't they sell for like $20?

Personally, I think they are cool cards but I think it's a total joke that Topps still put "game used" on those cards. To me, that is out and out fraud (and this is coming from someone who rolls their eyes whenever anyone talks about how Topps redemption program is fraud). I would see no problem with them saying "player worn" or something. Still really cool.