`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: BBQ sauce?

OT: BBQ sauce?
With BBQ season in full swing just wondering what sauce you guys use. I've been using Sweet Baby Rays for a few years and my wife informed me she's getting tired of it. So I was looking for a new sauce and wondered what you all preferred. Homemade or something from the store(what kind)

I mainly smoke all our meat but haven't perfected it just yet. I got a smoker for fathers day. It was a cheapo from Walmart. I've made some modifications today and hope its better for the next smoke. Hopefully a shoulder this weekend.

RE: OT: BBQ sauce?
Have fun experimenting with the smoker and just do a little research online and you can surely make your own BBQ sauce and it won't have any of the nasty preservatives/chemicals that come in the bottled stuff.
I've recently fallen in love with cooking myself and it amazes how easy some things are to make versus the garbage alot of us Americans buy at the grocery store.
The Food Network is a great website for information.
I'll trade some smoked pork shoulder for a Topps Pink Lawrie Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

When I could eat by-mouth, I really, really loved Cattleman's brand BBQ sauce!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-17-2013, 01:53 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Have fun experimenting with the smoker and just do a little research online and you can surely make your own BBQ sauce and it won't have any of the nasty preservatives/chemicals that come in the bottled stuff.
I've recently fallen in love with cooking myself and it amazes how easy some things are to make versus the garbage alot of us Americans buy at the grocery store.
The Food Network is a great website for information.
I'll trade some smoked pork shoulder for a Topps Pink Lawrie Smile

I never really enjoyed BBQing until a couple years ago. I love it now, i'd BBQ everyday if i could. I'll have to check out the Food Network.

Come on over this weekend. Bring a box of cards we can bust wax and have some BBQ Smile

That Pink Lawrie is a nice card!! Where did you get that from??

(06-17-2013, 02:25 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: When I could eat by-mouth, I really, really loved Cattleman's brand BBQ sauce!!
Sorry to hear, hope all is well......

Really like Sweet Baby Ray's and have just started buying some of their variations although it kinda seems all the same haha!

Stubbs is a decent one to check out
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(06-17-2013, 02:38 PM)iconms Wrote: Really like Sweet Baby Ray's and have just started buying some of their variations although it kinda seems all the same haha!

+1. I am a fan of Stubbs
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(06-17-2013, 02:38 PM)iconms Wrote: Really like Sweet Baby Ray's and have just started buying some of their variations although it kinda seems all the same haha!

I really enjoy the Sweet 'N Spicy. I don't care to much for some of the others. By far the best i've had. Think i'm going to try and make my own. Then i'm sure the wife will want to go back to Sweet Baby Ray's ha

My favorite is the Dinosaur line, They have a few flavors and they are all good.
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/
Current projects:
2014 Topps Heritage
2012 Gypsy Queen master set
Super Bowl Winning QB autos
1965 Topps baseball[Image: fellerryanben_zpse6968d67.jpg]

Awesome subject.....doesn't matter to me I just like eating it.....ALL (seriously) except for the "call the fire department" sauce....never understood that scene. Good luck with your new hobby....sounds like alot of fun. I cook just well enough to live and don't force it on my family.

Can I come to the BBQ / pack rippin party?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-17-2013, 03:43 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome subject.....doesn't matter to me I just like eating it.....ALL (seriously) except for the "call the fire department" sauce....never understood that scene. Good luck with your new hobby....sounds like alot of fun. I cook just well enough to live and don't force it on my family.

Can I come to the BBQ / pack rippin party?
Of course! This could be a monthly event ripping and ribbing ha!

I may have to start posting pics of my food like a box break but instead a BBQing? Gotta be a better name for it than that though.