Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Suggestions for baseball boxes

Suggestions for baseball boxes
Hello everyone,

Used to be quite active on this site - had a massive hockey collection that I ultimately ended up selling off for the most part. Going on vacation soon and looking for any suggestions on some baseball boxes to open - looking for something fun that isint too costly and has some chance of pulling some decent autos and/or rc's. any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Jason

RE: Suggestions for baseball boxes
Hey Jason, if you're looking for fun at a great price, I'd recommend 2013 Topps Opening Day. You won't find many RC's or autos, but with the inserts and parallels, you'll be able to make your money back on every box. Plus a hobby box is now under $30 online.

As far as RC's and autos I would recommend a Topps flagship or the recently released 2013 USA Champions. Lots of prospects in there with two autos and three relics (at least) per box. Boxes can be found for $60 or less.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Hey man I appreciate the feedback. Was starting to think no one would bother. Haha. Thanks again!

I don't disagree with what Cross said. I'd suggest a jumbo of 2013 Bowman (which I believe was released recently). There's some decent rookies/prospects with a chance at landing a hot card. Granted, it'll set you back over $100, so if you're really going for value, I'd say Flagship (also some nice rookies like Bundy, Profar, A. Garcia, etc.)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

If you're looking for something that has a lot of "rookies" and something with a shot at a decent auto and is decently priced, I would say 2012 Bowman Draft/Prospects. This year's product has skyrocketed due to Puig, but last year's product has settled down but still has huge pulls and great prospects in it.

hey everyone,

Really do appreciate you guys taking the time to post a comment/suggestion. Very helpful. Want to get into it on the ground floor at a reasonable price point but have a shot at something decent. I am comfortable in the 50-140 price range say...I don't mind shelling out if I'm enticed enough by it haha. Again thanks for the suggestions!

Try the finest box
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

So what did you end up busting?

Haha nothing yet - doing my homework on it. I live in a small place in Canada - no local places to bust anything. I'm taking off for Florida on Monday for two weeks and planned on looking into it down there. I will definitely share once I return!