`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like one white whale is finally heading my way....

Looks like one white whale is finally heading my way....
Over on another site I'm a member of, it looks like I may finally be getting the 1985/86 Star RC for Patrick Ewing at ... get this .... AU$75. I told the trader I'd be interested if I had the cash immediately (pretty much tight until about the 10th of july) - he said, he didn't mind holding it for a fellow Ewing collector. I score that one, then Ewing Auto's will be about my only true white whales to get.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

RE: Looks like one white whale is finally heading my way....
NICE! I don't think I have ever seen the Ewing Star RC... Good luck!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I'll have to get my desktop computer either saving the images from my scanner properly or somehow hook up my scanner to my laptop (which will mean digging out the drive discs from wherever they are and loading them onto my laptop) and post a scan of it when i get it in, which may actually be sooner.

Not a Ewing collector but am a big knicks guy and love all 80s NBA. Those Star cards are side little passion project of mine and picked up my Ewing bgs 8.5 a few month back. It made my wall display quickly. Such a gorgeous card and way nice than the 86 fleer. Congrats on the score and enjoy. One of my all te favorite cards.

Hearing a fellow collector catching a white whale is always music to my ears, and the prize sems fare to me especially since the seller is willing to wait for the cash. Congratulations, man. And dont forget to shows us some scans, or hand drawn pictures of the card as soon as you have it.
Question, do you have a new white whale in mind? You mentioned an autograph card, is it someone In particular?
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.

Johan, hand drawn is out of the question - my artistic skills lie with music and writing. As to a new white whale for my Ewing Collection? Probably one of his rarest cards - 1995 SR Kromax Super Acrylium Signatures.. hand numbered to just 33 cards and there has never been any pricing available on it.

Nice!
I was going to say that there are quite many options in terms of Patrick Ewing autograph until I saw your message above. Either way, those recently released Leaf autograph/patch cards could be nice alternatives/additions for you too. I myself have one of these (along with his 2003-04 SP Signature Edition autograph card).

http://www.leaftradingcards.com/2013_met..._ewing.php
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

(06-16-2013, 08:01 PM)taffster74 Wrote: As to a new white whale for my Ewing Collection? Probably one of his rarest cards - 1995 SR Kromax Super Acrylium Signatures.. hand numbered to just 33 cards and there has never been any pricing available on it.
I have got three of those.

Just kidding, congratulations on your pick up. Don't recall having ever seen a Ewing RC so I'm curious for pictures.