`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What Else Do You Collect?

RE: What Else Do You Collect?
(06-13-2013, 09:46 PM)jstbuch Wrote: No shame in it lol. I've been really considering going after a big mega-lot on ebay. I've had to talk myself out of it a number of times. I think the only thing that has stopped me is I haven't decided if I want collector quality (still in the package) or if I want them non-packaged to be able to display or have my nephew play with them.
That would be awesome, go for it
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Not really hardcore into it at all but I like to pick up autographed books once in awhile. All of mine (not many) have either been in person or a family member got it in person and gave it to me as a gift. I think I have others but this is all I remember for right now.

Ones I got in person:
Henry Lee (Forensics guy)
Colin Powell
James Patterson
Andy Rooney
Jim Nantz

Ones given as gifts by family members who got in person:
Curt Schilling
Tony LaRussa
Emeril Lagasse

I Collect pretty much everything UNC. my room is full of all kinds of stuff. Cereal boxes, birdhouses, cups, mugs, flags, poptarts, magnets, hats, shirts, lamps, gnomes- you name it, I got it ha. I've also started collecting Abraham Lincoln things- as my college buddies gave me the nickname "Abe" because I look like him ha. I'd kill for an Abraham Lincoln cut auto!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(06-15-2013, 11:26 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Not really hardcore into it at all but I like to pick up autographed books once in awhile. All of mine (not many) have either been in person or a family member got it in person and gave it to me as a gift. I think I have others but this is all I remember for right now.

Ones I got in person:
Colin Powell
James Patterson
Andy Rooney
Jim Nantz

Curt Schilling
Tony LaRussa
Emeril Lagasse
I always forget about my books. I am an avid reader and former writer. Now my office has a nice library. I love old and rare books but have a few autographed as well. Probably the pride of my small collection is a first edition Gone With the Wind signed by Margaret Mitchell. I am not sure if the signature is authentic or not but I will have it checked out one day but I am almost afraid to and, since I don't plan on selling it, I am in no real hurry.

(06-15-2013, 07:55 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I Collect pretty much everything UNC. my room is full of all kinds of stuff. Cereal boxes, birdhouses, cups, mugs, flags, poptarts, magnets, hats, shirts, lamps, gnomes- you name it, I got it ha. I've also started collecting Abraham Lincoln things- as my college buddies gave me the nickname "Abe" because I look like him ha. I'd kill for an Abraham Lincoln cut auto!
Honestly, I would probably be annoyed with a Lincoln cut. Mostly because I think it would be terrible to cut up anything historical enough to have Lincoln signature on it. My dream would be to have one of the John Wilks Booth wanted posters.

Honestly, I would probably be annoyed with a Lincoln cut. Mostly because I think it would be terrible to cut up anything historical enough to have Lincoln signature on it. My dream would be to have one of the John Wilks Booth wanted posters.

[/quote]

That is pretty sick- and that's true, I just would love to have a Lincoln auto!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(06-15-2013, 11:26 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Not really hardcore into it at all but I like to pick up autographed books once in awhile. All of mine (not many) have either been in person or a family member got it in person and gave it to me as a gift. I think I have others but this is all I remember for right now.

Ones I got in person:
Colin Powell
James Patterson
Andy Rooney
Jim Nantz

Curt Schilling
Tony LaRussa
Emeril Lagasse
I don't collect them but have several books autographed by my boss, Stephen King and his wife, Tabitha. He gives them away as Christmas gifts to his radio station employees. I also have about a dozen Christmas cards signed by him and his wife but I believe they are autopenned. I can't tell.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-16-2013, 06:35 AM)zeprock Wrote: I don't collect them but have several books autographed by my boss, Stephen King and his wife, Tabitha. He gives them away as Christmas gifts to his radio station employees. I also have about a dozen Christmas cards signed by him and his wife but I believe they are autopenned. I can't tell.
Very nice! My parents have one of his books signed by him. I believe it's "The Shining" but might be "The Stand", can't remember which. We used to live up around the area back in the day and when whatever of the two books came out, they got it signed then.

My collection interests are varied.
The majority of my collectibles would be comc books and comic related materials. (Statues, artwork, toys, etc)

[Image: 7F3886A9-EED6-4AD3-B319-356DB6256C79-289...a287b4.jpg]

Here's a panorama pic of what my kids call "Dad's messy room" with the majority of my stuff at home. Storage mostly. Displays throughout the house ...

Books, records, CD's, and baseball stuff rounds out the rest of my collection addiction. I'm sure that I'm leaving out something.

If you ask my wife what I collect, she'd probably reply "dust" Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

^^^LOL

(06-25-2013, 11:25 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Lego Star Wars sets.
Which we get a kick out of you sharing!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]