`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Hockey is back

Pro Hockey is back
Pro hockey is back in my backyard. The AHL voted today and agreed to move Vancouver's farm team to Utica. Utica is ten minutes from my house, and I work about three blocks from the arena the team will be playing in.

I hope the community supports the team and fills the Aud. I remember when I was younger and used to love going to watch the minor pro teams play, but eventually the support stopped and they were struggling to stay afloat and eventually left town/disbanded completely.

The cool thing that popped in my head when I heard the news is about Tom Sestito. He's from Rome. 30 minutes from Utica. He plays for the Canucks. I can't imagine playing professional hockey in the area that you grew up in on a regular basis. I wish him the best and he hope he makes the Canucks, but imagine playing home games for your professional team just 30 minutes from your hometown? That's unreal.

[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

RE: Pro Hockey is back
Sounds like it should be a blast! I hope that things go well for the team, and that the turnouts are better this time around.

Randi

Nice! I would be there all the time. I really like AHL hockey but I have to travel 1.5 hours south to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton or an hour north to Binghamton. 10 minutes would have bad news written all over it hahahaha.
Go Avs Go!

Yeah my friends and I have already been talking about season tickets, but most AHL teams play on Friday and Saturdays which is a problem. I play in two leagues. One is either Thursday (7 games a season) or Friday (14 games a season) and the other is strictly Saturday nights between either 6:30 or 10:40.

Either way I'm going to go to as many games as I can. I went to a record high 4 Crunch games this year for me. It's tough getting out there for the reasons I just mentioned, but I go see Lake Erie play the Crunch every season regardless of my league schedule, and since they made the playoffs I went to a few of those games since my season was over.

PC's

Unique Avs Cards = 1303

It's official. The ownership group (Mohawk Valley Gardens) held a press conference today and announced that the Utica Comets will be here for the 2013-14 season. They also announced a six-year lease agreement between the club and the Aud.

PC's

Unique Avs Cards = 1303

So glad I know someone that will be attending games and keen to support the boys! Might have to get you to keep your eyes out for some game used stuff ;-)

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

that is great to hear

are you buy season tickets?

I know it be a great time going to the game
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I can't get season tickets because most AHL teams play Friday/Saturday night and that's when I'm playing in my two leagues.

However, my parents bought season tickets so on the nights when I can go I will most likely go in place of my mom, or buy tickets at the box office for myself the day of the game.

PC's

Unique Avs Cards = 1303

I love their alternates. And as pro gear junkie, the thought that more Canucks equipment will be floating out there excites me.
[Image: temp_zps476251d0.png]
05-06 UD Ice Rookies: 137/168

we see what happens

and you can always go to games when you can
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)