`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much more does your LCS charge?

How much more does your LCS charge?
I realize that LCS' have overhead and all of that, but just how much more is too much compared to online sites?

The reason I ask is because today I was looking at an online shop and their prices were $20-30 and even sometimes $40-50 cheaper.

I don't mind paying extra to help out the shop, but it's not like we're talking a few dollars here. $50 is almost another box!

What are your thoughts? If this topic has been done to death I apologize.

[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: How much more does your LCS charge?
Well, when it comes to LCS's you are also paying for convenience. Online price doesn't include shipping cost and you also have to wait on the product to get to you.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(06-13-2013, 11:12 AM)rare unreleased Wrote: Well, when it comes to LCS's you are also paying for convenience. Online price doesn't include shipping cost and you also have to wait on the product to get to you.
Which I fully understand and it was awesome to get the product right away and be able to crack it open. When I got home though and looked online, it was $50 cheaper. So add in shipping of what $7-10 and it's still $40.

It was nice to have them in my possession and ready to open, but for every two boxes I buy from the shop, I could buy another box online. Crazy stuff.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

depends on the lcs mine i get boxes a few bucks cheaper than on line shops like blowout but most of them are a few bucks more than om line

My LCS doesn't charge that much more. Usually only $10-20 over online retailers.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

My LCS seems to have a policy of a set percentage markup on each box. Online prices are dependent on what the market demands. Sometimes I find things cheaper in the LCS because they have it priced to where they'll make their even percentage, but online the market sets it much higher.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(06-13-2013, 11:18 AM)SGC300ier Wrote: Which I fully understand and it was awesome to get the product right away and be able to crack it open. When I got home though and looked online, it was $50 cheaper. So add in shipping of what $7-10 and it's still $40.

It was nice to have them in my possession and ready to open, but for every two boxes I buy from the shop, I could buy another box online. Crazy stuff.
Also add in when online you buy a 70$ box and say oh just 80 more and I get free shipping! Haha
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Mine is overly priced by about 20%
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Shops are good for supplies, but you have to be crazy to go in there and buy boxes and packs. Plus, you have no idea anymore if things are searched and the hits have already been found or taken out. Survival of the fittest, right?
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

mines usually about $20 more, but for some reason they had 2013 bowman jumbo at $10 lets than online! and i dont pay taxes Big Grin
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector