`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some For You, Some For Me

RE: Some For You, Some For Me
I still have some Halaks, the letter L, and the 6 fabrics. Those are the ones off hand...

(06-18-2013, 11:46 AM)johlix Wrote: I still have some Halaks, the letter L, and the 6 fabrics. Those are the ones off hand...
All of which you know I DESPERATELY need for the PC! If you see a trade that can be made, for the love of god let me know! Big Grin

Randi

(06-18-2013, 07:35 AM)rayeates Wrote: Well RJ... you have missed a lot! Haha! You might want to cruise through the past few weeks of posts and catch up. Tongue

I snagged the Namesakes L from a fellow Jaroslav Halak Collector on another forum. The story behind it is a decent one, and you can see my post of the L here. There are five very nice adds to my Halak PC in this post, plus a very nice gift from Tyson (wickabee)! Check it out!

As for the story behind the L... I snagged an amazing card from Eddie (katykeed) when he broke a box of 2012-13 SP Game Used. He pulled an Authentic Fabrics Fives Patches-Blues #4/9, and gave it up for far less in Trade Value than he could have got in cash. His thought was that it was going to a great home, and all he wanted me to do was pay it forward. Seeing as that is our motto here on the Hockey Boards, he had a perfect mindset!

I re-joined another forum so that I can find myself some more PC items and get my trading back up to snuff. The other Halak collector on this forum and I had a great rapport immediately, and I knew that we would help each other out. If anyone here knows MasterMax, they can vouch that he is a stand-up guy!

On the other forums there was a post from a case-break of 2012-13 SP Game Used. The member had snagged another Authentic Fabrics Fives Patches-Blues #3/9 and I was intrigued. Since my Halak Patch was all blue in the card I had, and this one was four colors, I wanted to upgrade! I contacted the other member about the card and offered a trade. He wanted what I thought was a LOT in return, until he told me to check out the ended auctions for this card. There were two... one at $145, and the other at $135! Whoops! Guess I lost the true value of this card seeing as Eddie's generosity was so staggering.

We agreed to a trade with parameters. I was to send the card I was upgrading to MasterMax for free. This was my offer and the fulfillment of my obligations to Pay It Forward. The trade went off without a hitch, and Max was STOKED when he got the card in the mail. It made my day, and I was glad to add an integral part to the best Jaroslav Halak PC out there. Yep... Max's PC is amazing!

A few weeks after this transaction happened, I got a message from Max telling me to watch my mailbox, and he also gave me a tracking number. It was Xpresspost and it arrived within two days. I had missed out on snagging the L from eBay, due to the fact that it went for about 125% of BV. I put two-and-two together, and confirmed it when the package arrived a couple of days later. Max had sacrificed a need for his PC in order to repay what I had done for him. I told him that it was not necessary, but he insisted. So here it is... my 2011-12 Panini Prime Namesakes-Jaroslav Halak is complete! If you are still with me, thanks for taking the time to read this. Haha! Best wishes!

Thanks J.J.! I am growing a small collection of Hall Of Famers autos as traders. You can never go wrong with the proven players!

Randi
That is awesome ... there definitely seems to be a brotherhood on this forum not necessarily always present on the other ones.

Congrats on the pickup and the PIF successes!

(06-18-2013, 06:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That is awesome ... there definitely seems to be a brotherhood on this forum not necessarily always present on the other ones.

Congrats on the pickup and the PIF successes!
Thanks, RJ! It has been a wonderful ride, and I hope to see it spill over onto other boards. Best wishes!

Randi