`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Can Lebron James get it done?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
50.00%
11 50.00%
NO
50.00%
11 50.00%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
LEBRON JAMES...can he get it done?
Question 
LEBRON JAMES...can he get it done?
Lebron, is currently the BEST player in the NBA...

His stats are amazing, no one can argue that he is one of the best all round players the NBA has seen...

He is one of the most efficient players that have ever played the game...that's a fact!

He often gets compared with the Greats of the game and more often then not people put him in the top 5 players of all time...

People often talk about how clutch the greats were and that to be considered "clutch", the greats always got it done when the game/Championship was on the line...

*The POLL is for one question only* CAN HE GET IT DONE???

I have a few other questions.....?

Does winning Championships have a bearing on what makes the greats, great?

Does Lebron have to win the Championship this year to be still considered as one of the greatest of all time?

Does he have a valid excuse to fall short this year with his team playing so bad?

Please post a comment of your opinion as to what criteria the G.O.A.T must possess!!!

Discuss!

Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

RE: Lebron James...can he get it done?
can he? of course. will he? we'll see

Does winning Championships have a bearing on what makes the greats, great?

it has some bearing, but not the be all end all. ewing and barkkley were greats. malone and dr j only have one. robert horry has 5 or 6. that doesnt make him better, obviously

Does Lebron have to win the Championship this year to be still considered as one of the greatest of all time?

this year? no. but to shut his critics up, he will have to win more

Does he have a valid excuse to fall short this year with his team playing so bad?

if the heat dont win this year, it is more about how well the spurs are playing than how bad the heat are playing

@jacobystealshome
Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Dr j were great players, however I don't see anyone calling them the greatest...
The Horry championship illusion is simple...He was never the sole reason any of the teams he was on, won championships, he could have been replaced with a number of players and the result would have been the same..
He wasn't the "MAN" he was just there!

He played a role...He didn't get them the tittle.

Unlike the Spurs, most teams have 1 or 2 players that dictate the outcome of every game, if they fail, the team fails...

Being the "MAN" is all about putting your team in the position to win...
No, no one man can do it on his own...
IF the "MAN" can get it done, the role players play their role and the team wins.

We have seen many times one single player completely take over a game and force the outcome(Lebron has done that too)

All I can say is this, LEBRON JAMES is required to take the next few games and make his team win, he is the MVP and he should act like it!

I for one have no confidence in is ability to get it done when he MUST!
The Pacers series proved it to me, watch the last 3 minutes of the close games and you tell me if that guy can really get it done...
If people think a last second open "lay-up" is clutch, it was plain luck he got great position to get the look, people should have a look at why it was required in the first place...

There is a HUGE difference in hitting a shot when its needed, to hitting a shot when you MUST hit it!

The next few games are a MUST win, I would like to see Lebron prove he has what it takes in close games, not blow outs...

hero ball is absolute horse manure. anyone who buys into it - fans or players - are dumb as a box of rocks. great players know that if there is 4 seconds on the clock, and they are doubled - you make the right basketball play. you look for the open man. last second heroics isnt just 1 guy trying to make a basket

"Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Dr j were great players, however I don't see anyone calling them the greatest"

that is not what you asked. you said: "Does winning Championships have a bearing on what makes the greats, great?"

i simply answered your question. dont go moving the goalposts after the fact

and lbron has hit a ton of clutch shots in his career

(06-12-2013, 07:53 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: hero ball is absolute horse manure. anyone who buys into it - fans or players - are dumb as a box of rocks. great players know that if there is 4 seconds on the clock, and they are doubled - you make the right basketball play. you look for the open man. last second heroics isnt just 1 guy trying to make a basket

"Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Dr j were great players, however I don't see anyone calling them the greatest"

that is not what you asked. you said: "Does winning Championships have a bearing on what makes the greats, great?"

i simply answered your question. dont go moving the goalposts after the fact

and lbron has hit a ton of clutch shots in his career

You are a very rational person, I have seen you comment on many topics and most of the time, no one can argue with your logic.
But I don't understand you point of view when it comes to Lebron.

Were do you place Lebron on the all time greats as of TODAY?

"HERO BALL"
Someone has to score if you are down...Do they not?

If your team is down, with whatever seconds left and you have the ball, YOU are required to score or allow someone to score off being double teamed...

Lebron had the ball a number of times with 3 mins left and EVERYTIME he failed...
He made bad plays and caused turnovers.

In more then one game!

He hit some great shots earlier to keep Miami in the game, but when it was time to hit or make plays to win, he didn't.

He gets lucky with position and scores and now all of a sudden what he did earlier is ok?

If you would like to go back and watch the close games Vs Pacers you will see my point.

I can't fault a player for taking a shot and missing, I can how ever fault a player that crumbles under the pressure and fails to get a good shot off, or at least get it to some else who wants to take a shot.
A number of times he had the ball, his team was looking for him to make it happen, but every time he passed and looked like he didn't want to take a MUST HIT shot!

Lebron has a chance to get 2 in a row and it seems like everyone is already making excuses for his failure.

I would like him to do it and prove he has what it takes to be among the elite, this playoffs he hasn't but he still has time to prove himself.

RE: LEBRON JAMES...can he get it done?
Well I hope everyone backs off from comparing Lebron to Jordan. Jordan never played that bad in the finals. No doubt the guy has talent but he is not on the level of Jordan.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

for god's sake...stop comparing players to jordan, or magic, or whoever. it's detrimental to the game

the fact is, lebron's game doesnt resemble jordan's, and that isnt a slight to lebron. he plays a completely different position. he is closer to magic in style than he is to jordan, but even that is a poor comparison

everyone needs to stop. jordan is not the be all end all of the bna history., its bleeping silly

and of course jordan had bad finals games. that's absurd

(06-12-2013, 04:41 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: for god's sake...stop comparing players to jordan, or magic, or whoever. it's detrimental to the game

the fact is, lebron's game doesnt resemble jordan's, and that isnt a slight to lebron. he plays a completely different position. he is closer to magic in style than he is to jordan, but even that is a poor comparison

everyone needs to stop. jordan is not the be all end all of the bna history., its bleeping silly

and of course jordan had bad finals games. that's absurd
Well come on name me a few bad games Jordan had in the finals and where did I say Jordan was the be all end all? I just simply said i hope everyone stops comparing Lebron to Jordan. Panties in a wad?

While we're at it lets discuss the real story of this finals; and that is Tim Duncan going for ring number 5. Where is the love for this guy in the media? If he wins another ring that has to put him among the elites to play the game. Agree?
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

Lebron is overrated... Always has been. It's a COMPLETE joke imo to even call him "the best player in the world" like so many do... All prisoners of the moment. This guy is the ultimate definition of a choke artist and flops like a fish out of water when someone pressures him...

He's a joke & won't be remembered as anything besides a flash in a pan..

His four MVP's are a joke and so is he... /thread

(06-13-2013, 01:17 AM)bengu Wrote: Lebron is overrated... Always has been. It's a COMPLETE joke imo to even call him "the best player in the world" like so many do... All prisoners of the moment. This guy is the ultimate definition of a choke artist and flops like a fish out of water when someone pressures him...

He's a joke & won't be remembered as anything besides a flash in a pan..

His four MVP's are a joke and so is he... /thread
If your comparing him to MJ then yes, he is not even close, but he is actually the only current player that could end up with a better career...

I don't see him doing it and being better simply because he doesn't perform when he MUST!!!

That's why I asked the question *CAN HE GET IT DONE*
I simply don't have confidence in him and wanted to know what other people think...

Now, its just plain wrong to suggest he isn't an elite athlete, with what he has already done he places himself in the top 15 of all time...

What many people see, (I'm betting your the same) is his actual skill level, its not on par with the likes of MJ/Kobe...

That's why so many people say he isn't as good as MJ/Kobe, but they are basing that on skill level!!!

If you break down his game, when it comes to skill, his size and speed are his strengths and his skill is secondary and its very limited!

To rate him on skill level, I would suggest, Paul George is a better SKILLED athlete...

Lebron is by far the best ATHLETE in the league, Athletic ability and skill level are 2 completely different assets...
No one can guard him because he is way to quick for the big guys and way to strong for the little guy's, so he has an advantage anytime he's on the floor..

If he had a better craft offensively he would be the ultimate NBA player and could be compared to MJ/Kobe...

So as it stands today, he has a shot at proving everyone wrong and go out there show he can get it done!

I for one, don't think he can do it, but that's not to say I wouldn't respect him if he actually try's!!!!

LEBRON JAMES, show us why you are the MVP and GET IT DONE!!!