`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Epic Memorabilia Set Two Years in the Making: Limited to Only 36 Possible Sets!

Epic Memorabilia Set Two Years in the Making: Limited to Only 36 Possible Sets!
Hello everyone and welcome to part one of my day's epic show and tell extravaganza! I had to split the two up into their own show and tells because of their vastly different nature, yet insane quality.

As you all know, I completed the 2000-01 Black Diamond Game Gear set several years ago. As satisfying as that was, I needed a new challenge, something fun yet spiritually the same. I was lost with so many possibilities until I came across a sale thread on SCF by a member named dbrown23. Up for sale, he had a 2003-04 SP Game Used Game Gear #/99 of Steve Shields. The set surprised me, it astounded me, it begged me to complete it! It was a newer flashier version of Black Diamond Game Gear.

I added a lot of the commons right away and by the year and a half mark, I was down to three. My Irbe collecting buddy, Matt (gbbadger), had one of the three (Rick DiPietro), it just took us some time to work out a trade for it due to some family issues affecting hobby time for Matt.

After that, came the Patrick Roy. Funny story about that one. I came across a man named Pius Poitras at the Edmonton Summit Collectibles Show this year and he was selling his prized Roy collection. I spoke to him, and though he did not have the card on hand, he knew he had it back at home. I forgot to contact him until about a month later. We quickly worked out a deal and I added the Roy. As odd as it seems, a mere day after buying it from Pius, gbbadger sends me a message saying that he is sending something for my PC. When it arrived, what is it? Another copy of the Patrick Roy. I still owe you one for that Matt!

Then came the final piece. The dreamkiller, the bane of the set maker's existence. This piece I felt would haunt me, a heavily shortprinted Johan Hedberg leg pad #/36. I knew of only one person in ownership of one, Frendo, and had contacted him long ago regarding it, but it was a tight lock-away PC card for him. Just over a week ago, I realized that the end of the set was nigh, so I offered a hefty bounty of $100USD for the card to help complete my set. The bounty was accepted! Frendo sent me the card and it arrived today!

So, thank you dbrown23, Pius Poitras, gbbadger, Frendo, and anyone else who helped me in my quest to finish another epic set!

Enjoy, and comments are always welcome!

[Image: 200304spgamegear_zps4a3e4dc7.jpg]

RE: Epic Memorabilia Set Two Years in the Making: Limited to Only 36 Possible Sets!
Awesome collection and congrats on the completion!

RE: Epic Memorabilia Set Two Years in the Making: Limited to Only 36 Possible Sets!
As I said elsewhere this is an amazing collection, thanks for the show.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Thanks for the compliments guys!

(06-11-2013, 08:13 PM)snobles Wrote: As I said elsewhere this is an amazing collection, thanks for the show.
Scott, I'll try to find the Roy guy's email and send it to you. He was loaded with Roy cards...I mean loaded!

Great set! Congrats on an amazing accomplishment.
Go Avs Go!

Congrats! This is a fine story, and I admire your dedication. What's up next for you?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Nice looking set you got there. Congrats

Will you be trying to upgrade any of them, or are you putting it to bed?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(06-11-2013, 08:25 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Thanks for the compliments guys!

Scott, I'll try to find the Roy guy's email and send it to you. He was loaded with Roy cards...I mean loaded!
Whatever Scott doesn't buy let me buy!

I get most of my Roy cards by buying from collectors who decide to sell their PC so this is perfect for me haha.

I have less cards than Scott so hopefully that means there will be some leftover that he doesn't need!
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Wow, so cool. The chase is pretty awesome...you networked so well. Congrats.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com