Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need opinions on Stan Musial auto

RE: Need opinions on Stan Musial auto
Thanks for all the opinions guys
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Being a huge Musial collector, I'd say sell it to me for 175.50 Smile

But in all seriousness, I would expect to get upwards 200+ for that card, probably close to the three. His basic on card autos now go for 75-100, and with this one being low Numbered and from this kind of set, I would expect more.

Think of it this way, 2012 Topps Tribute auto (on card) of his /99 goes for 125.00+, and that's out of /99

I would keep it, or trade it to me Smile
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

These Topps Lineage cards seem to sell well. If a Carl Erskine from this set can sell for $256 it does not seem unreasonable that a Musial could sell as high as $300-$500.

I would usually say no since I looked at other /10 Musials that I actually think have more eye appeal (like the 2006 Topps Sterling auto/quad relic that sold for $160) but this set seems to have a few chasers that pay big money.

If it were me, I would put it up for $599.99 w/free shipping obo and see what offers I get.

One bit of advice if you sell on eBay with a high BIN. Don't accept any offers right away, no matter how high they are. I had a card that I listed with a $2k BIN figuring the only other one that had sold was just over $1k, so I would be happy with around $1k, but figured I would see what offers came in. Well within minutes of listing the card I had an offer for $1200 but the buyer was insistent that I sell it right away. I decided he was being too pushy as I wanted to see what other offers came in (as I had a feeling he wanted to flip the card since he wanted me to accept his offer immediately). Well within an hour I had 4 buyers interested with offers ranging from $1200-$1600. I waited until the next day and got an offer of $1800, and after informing the other people with offers that my current best offer was $1800, I had someone use the BIN. The moral of the story is on RARE cards you just never know how much someone will spend, but you can be certain the first few people might be looking to flip the card (so be patient).
That being said, I would expect that you could get $300 for that Musial, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if you listed it for a BIN of $500 and someone scooped it up. If it was me and I was looking to sell, I would post a BIN of $1k with best offer option and see what comes in. Worst case you relist it a week later with a slightly lower BIN.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Great advice guys. Thank you very much. Everyone has given me a lot to consider.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

The only problem with setting the BIN at $1000 is that you might scare away a bunch of $400 offers. I usually dont make offers if my offer is going to be less than 50 percent of the asking price. I tend not to waste my time. Sure you can always relist it if you want but I, again, try not to waste my time.

I am starting to think that someone would probably hit the BIN on $500, which is a good thing. This is why I would use a reasonable BIN price. Say I think something is a $450 card. If I set my BIN at $500, someone is likely to hit it because they don't want to haggle over $50 and are afraid someone will bid slightly more. So they will overpay just a bit.

(06-11-2013, 05:36 PM)jstbuch Wrote: The only problem with setting the BIN at $1000 is that you might scare away a bunch of $400 offers. I usually dont make offers if my offer is going to be less than 50 percent of the asking price. I tend not to waste my time. Sure you can always relist it if you want but I, again, try not to waste my time.

I am starting to think that someone would probably hit the BIN on $500, which is a good thing. This is why I would use a reasonable BIN price. Say I think something is a $450 card. If I set my BIN at $500, someone is likely to hit it because they don't want to haggle over $50 and are afraid someone will bid slightly more. So they will overpay just a bit.
Yes, that is one risk with setting a high BIN. As I buyer I am usually in the same boat, but I still add cards to my watchlist that way I am informed if the seller drops the asking price or relists it. Keep in mind a seller can at any time put a card on sale during the listing (i.e. BIN of $1k is dropped to $750 on the last day or so) and if it doesn't sell then relist with a $800 BIN. Sure the card might sell right away at $500, but would you be happy getting $500 if you could have gotten $700 instead by being a little more patient? Obviously if you're in a rush to sell a card it is different, but when it comes to feeling out the waters I have found that going WAY high with the BIN price is the best way to start.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/