`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why all the hate?

Why all the hate?
first off im just a regular guy whp watches football and loves my Team HTTR.I dont really dig into stats and that kind of thing. Really just love watching it. But my question is and not trying to start a riot but why does everyone hate Tebow? His rookie season he had 7 or 8 come from behind victories not his fault they were behind. He went to the playoffs and lost ok I get it he didnt win the big game well 30 other qbs didnt either.Then he gets sent to the Jets where that team is a mess and He didnt shine so well. Is it because of his Tebowing because griffin does it all the time and they made a shirt for it lol.but being a regular guy watching this is what i see

P Manning goes to the playoffs expected get hurt out next Painter wins 0 with the same team Luck comes in goes to the playoffs saviour
Peyton goes to the Broncos does the same thing Tebow does and he the greatest thing since sliced bread BTW Peyton is my Fav QBs of all time

Romo chokes it up once now hes a P O S but Brady chokes it up in the big game twice and hes elite

Alot of people dont think Eli is elite but hes won twice and beat the elite qb twice still no love. Is it a stat thing or just personal preference to hate these guys Just a question im wondering people seem to have a lot of hate for these guys.
Photobucket

RE: Why all the hate?
That was kinda difficult to read.

Anyways, I personally don't like Tim Tebow (as a player) because he isn't a pure passer. He isn't even a good hybrid running and passing type like Griffin or Vick or even Kaepernick or Russell Wilson because those guys can throw the ball well. He is a college option QB and not a pro throwing QB. I think all teams want a drop back passing QB with maybe some scrambling abilities. I know as a fan that is what I would want. There is no doubt that Tebow can contribute to a team, but a starting pro QB? I don't think so.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

Yea sorry about the way it was written my brain works faster then my fingers sometimes (had a stroke when i was 30)
Photobucket

Tebow=PUKE!!!!

But I do have to say that if anyone can get the most use out of him it will be the Pats. They will move him all over the field like they did with Woodhead.

I think more than anything is that people are just so SICK of hearing ESPN, NFL Net, ect talking about Tebow ALL the time. Who cares??? Now for the next 2-3 months they will have something on Tebow everyday and for what?
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

I hate the guys who are "elite" and haven't earned anything. Everyone rags on tebow, can't pass, can't read d, 7-4 (reg season) as a starter and 1 playoff win for broncos. I'm not tebow fan but it makes me angry when people who think they know football tell you why someone isn't good. One of 32 nfl owners of a multi billion dollar a year product drafted him, how many multi billion dollar a year entities do you work for? Stats are used by Espn so they can tell us how good someone is, if you watch a game, you'll see who's good and not.

Everyone gives you bad Tebow stats. How about this one:
Tebow has the same playoff wins or more then these other QB's: Jay Cutler, Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, RG3, Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford. All these players are "better" yet have accomplished the same as Tebow!!!

Using the excuse, "We want to put the best players out there" is a lie, they are ALL professionals!
Tebow was college football for 3 years, regardless of his skill sets, he's an athlete who works hard.

ps. Espn has been the Miami Heat cheerleading squad for 3 years, the exact reason I stopped watching it.

Personally, I don't hate Tebow, but I do hate the circus that surrounds him. I think part of the reason that the media is propping him up is because they want to see him fail. Then you mix in the fervor that he whips up in the Christian groups, and it's a perfect storm of the media wanting him to fail, and the supporters rallying because he's an outspoken Christian. The media feeds the Christian groups to support him, and that support feeds the media, and then all we have is just feedback. Almost like hearing a speaker get fed back through to the microphone...

He's an ok QB that hasn't really been given a chance in the NFL beyond the Broncos. You can say that about a lot of other guys (first that comes to mind is Matt Flynn... I want him to do well with the Raiders, I think he deserves a shot), so I really don't feel sorry for him. Definitely not a fan, but can't say I hate him.

(06-11-2013, 07:40 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: I'm not tebow fan but it makes me angry when people who think they know football tell you why someone isn't good. One of 32 nfl owners of a multi billion dollar a year product drafted him, how many multi billion dollar a year entities do you work for? Stats are used by Espn so they can tell us how good someone is, if you watch a game, you'll see who's good and not.
I like this comment. It says people can't tell when someone is good or not and a team can THEN says you can see if someone is good or not by watching the game.

Like I said before it's not a matter of if Tebow can play QB because he can play option well, but 32 teams in the league want a drop back passer or a type that may have some athletic ability to scramble or run with the ball, but more importantly pass well. How many articles or comments are there on Griffin III talking about he should run less or he will have a short career? A whole bunch! How about Vick injury prone because he is a runner? Tebow is not a drop back passer that teams ultimately want. Can he contribute to a team? yes he can, of course. No team is going to convert to his skill set as a QB though. AND on top of all of this the media and fans (like we are) talk about it all day long, which in the end love it or hate it, brings in money. All things are about money.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

whoa whoa whoa

1. brady didnt choke in 2 super bowls. really. the first giants victory, it took an insane catch by a 5th receiver and asante samuel getting lost for the giants to win. brady has also helped his team win a couple of those super bowls

2. tebow was not this miracle qb in denver. 2 things: their defense went on a roll (i know you arent big on stats, but thats how you can tell these things). secondly, tebow's style was new. like the wioldcat, folks would have caught on. he had a couple good throws in the playoffs, but even the sun shines on a dog's butt twice a day

3. i dont hate tebow. i hate the fact that he is treated like jesus in a 15 uniform. he has done nothing to warrant it. his mechanics - forced on him by his father, even after qb coach after qb coach told him it was wrong - are some of the worst mechanics in the history of the NFL. todd mariniovich laughs at his form

4. he isnt the first born again christian to ever play the game. he is treated like he is. that annoys me greatly

5. last year in NYC, the jets told tebow they wanted him to stop doing his weekly press conferences. punt protectors and backup qb's dont do that. tebow insisted on doing them. he loves the attention, he loves the camera - for whatever reason

6. im not a christian, but i actually like that he is a man of faith, and i pray that this isnt some marketing gimmick. but think about this: what if tebow is tebow, same as everything he is: but make him Muslim. think on that real hard.

7. sidenote: it is hard not to call eli manning elite (flacco is a little less hard). both eli and flacco are not great qb's, but generally, when they make mistakes, they make them downfield, which helps minimize those mistakes (again, stats bear this out) i think eli is a second tier qb. i think flacco is just a sling the ball long guy. it will be interesting to see how he does without boldin

8. lets knock down a geenral fallacy: qb's dont win games alone. there are instances where you say: the qb won the game, and it is true to a certain extent i actually think of elway as the first qb in my mind when it comes to "winning the game".

but just because you are on the team doesnt mean the qb won the game. flacco benefited from a superior defense and boldin. if winning a playoff game makes you a good qb...trent dilfer is a good qb

9. i dont hate tebow, i do not respect him as a qb. i dont respect the admiration he gets as a football player. for me, it hasnt been the media hyping him, but this legion of fans who hype him, despite all evidence that he is a very poor qb.

if he was a good qb in the league, he would be playing qb. period. there isnt some blackballing going on here. teams will play anyone who can play, no matter who they are.

but talking to tebow fans is like talking to a wall. facts dont matter. subjectivity and objectivity get blurred. that annoys me

(06-11-2013, 07:13 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: Yea sorry about the way it was written my brain works faster then my fingers sometimes (had a stroke when i was 30)
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear this!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I agree with Jacoby, almost 100%

I also believe that the more a player makes a spectacle of themselves, the more we are *made* to hate them or to want them to fail. Take T.O., Ocho, Michael Irvin, you know, the guys who are good, but the limelight is better...

I, for one, will be happy if I never see or hear about *Tebowing* again, ever...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]