Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on improving the site

Update on improving the site
Hey guys,

I wanted to update everyone on the progress of the improvements of our website. I just had a meeting with Bill Sutherland, COO of Beckett, and I saw all of the progress he has made. First, he has read every comment from the first post I made regarding improving the site. He has a very thorough list of the things that need to be worked on.

There are a few items that I am really excited about for the site. There is a search thesaurus in the works. We are also updating the Add Items in Organize. You will be able to add have/want a lot easier. The last thing I will mention today is probably the thing that people have asked for the most. I got to see the first images of our new Matchmaker program that is being worked on.

Any suggestions submitted will always be looked at and talked about. I will be having more frequent meetings with Bill and I will update everyone when I find out anything new.

Thanks,

Justin
Also, I forgot to mention, there is now a polling option on the forums. You can create your own polls and get people's opinions that way. Just something fun for everyone, I think.

RE: Update on improving the site
the speed of the site is an issue. Also, the new registry doesn't add all the cards that have been graded with Beckett. When you enter some serials to your registry, it may say that the card does not exist but when you look up the card, it does.
I also don't like how yhou cant add cards that is on another person's registry. I understand the reasoning but if the original owner sells their cards because they want to get out of the hobby, they wouldn't care to update the registry any of those cards will never be able to be added again.
I think they should implement a system where they are given a certain amount of time to respond by either releasing the card or providing a reason not to (card was stolen, still have the card, etc...) If they don't respond, it will be released.