`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Exquisite or Key RC's if you could only choose one 2 collect!?!?

Exquisite or Key RC's if you could only choose one 2 collect!?!?
I got a hard question for the hardcore hobbyist here...

If hypothetically you were allowed to collect only ONE type of sports cards which would you rather have....

1. Exquisite cards with patches/autos

Or
2. Regular non autographed key cards? I'm talking like 86 Fleer Jordan, 96 Chrome Kobe, Chamberlain RC, and ect...

So basically what means MORE to you if it came down to it.....
Patches & Autographs... Or actual historical CARDS themselves?

Oh and you WOULDN'T be allowed to sell anything.... So don't just say "well Exqusites because they're worth more" lol

RE: Exquisite or Key RC's if you could only choose one 2 collect!?!?
Key rookies in decent condition for sure. I will probably get killed for saying this but I don't really get caught up in the insanity of exquisite or national treasures. By no means am I a historian but I would rather go with the historical than the here and now. New cards are, by and large, more aesthetically pleasing but the history of the older cards cannot be just written off.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: Exquisite or Key RC's if you could only choose one 2 collect!?!?
(06-10-2013, 05:48 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Key rookies in decent condition for sure. I will probably get killed for saying this but I don't really get caught up in the insanity of exquisite or national treasures. By no means am I a historian but I would rather go with the historical than the here and now. New cards are, by and large, more aesthetically pleasing but the history of the older cards cannot be just written off.
Agreed! With products like Exquisite / National Treasures they are based towards hardcore collectors with big bucks to spend. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for one nice card from a OK player. (Cause a good player is going to run into the 1,000$'s) So i'd rather have the cards more accessible, but yet at the same time, difficult to get. MJ/Kobe are good examples of this. But now, when theres 50 different Auto rookie /subsets /parallels ... what really makes exquisite more special than hoops??? More of a joke, but just my take on it. Collecting should be fun... and not a high end expensive collectable imo.
Looking for:

Lebron BGS Rookies
Shaq PSA 10 Rookies
Graded Lew Alcindor RC
To complete Prizm Auto basketball set

PM me, if you are looking to sell or trade.