`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
CARDS101 (12 people and counting)
06-10-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: CARDS101 (10 people and counting)
Wouldn't you think the parents would start to wonder why the kid is getting all these packages in the mail? I know I sure would!

Collecting Nolan Ryan, Derek Jeter, Mike Trout and especially...Jonathan Lucroy (my daughter is his #1 fan!)

Lucroy Collection : 145/174 non 1/1's (83.3%) and 12 1/1's

http://s1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/aprirr/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 08:55 PM
I actually successfully traded quite a bit at that age... back in the old AOL-shout-out-what-you-want-chats... I have no problem with trading with a kid, as long as they follow thru.

[Image: eb5w.png]
Piazza supercollector: 2,517 different
DO NOT TRADE natejeffries
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
I have a pending trade with him where he said he wouldn't send first -- so it's just sitting in limbo.

Follow me: http://www.twitter.com/EdTheCollector
06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I lost two cards. It was a very small trade - about $10 BV. Didn't wait for him to send first because I was headed out of town. Oops.

So anyway, yeah.

I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.
06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I knew this dude was flakey from the start... Very pushy and not to mention between April 28th-May 13th he submitted 12 different trades offers to me. Id have to say it was the most ridicules thing ive seen on this site in over 2 years. Needless to say I never traded him. Thank god I was on my Bryce Harper kick at the time or I might of lost some pretty good ones.

JAKELOVESCARDS Part II? (touchy subject I know)

Sorry to all parties who were involved in this especially those who I have traded with because I know you guys are all stand up guys. I just hope no one lost anything really big...

TOP WANTS

1. 2001 Topps Traded Chrome T247 Alert Pujols
2. 2003 Topps Traded Chrome T200 Robinson Cano
3. 2012 Bowman Platinum RED BPP80 Wil Myers
4. 2006 Bowman Chrome Chris Davis DP29 Xfractor
5. 2013 Bowman mini Yasiel Puig Chrome

[Image: Hcq6Mce.png]
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
I insisted he send first and he refused and canceled trade.

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: CARDS101 (11 people and counting)
Wow, got a msg from him today aplogizing stating he is going to send everyone's cards back on Friday. Dunno what you all did, but thank you!

[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

*I Always send extra cards (no junk) when I trade*
Looking for anything of Todd Helton, Josh Donaldson, or Charlie Blackmon I don't have.

Slow shipper due to family issues
06-11-2013, 10:20 AM
I completed a trade with him on May 17th, but got a weird vibe from him. I decided to wait to receive his cards before sending. Once I told him that, he tried to intimidate me to go ahead and send the cards. I knew then that I would never see those cards. I contacted the moderator, because I was concerned that he had ripped off other people and I'm sad to see I was right.
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 10:53 AM by Phillies_Joe.)
(06-05-2013 07:16 PM)floydtown Wrote:  Who else does this guy owe???

owes-tin8shusd, aprirr, minitracer, sparkz2102, dspainjr, imagine024, tate31nym, decriscio619, BayAreaJavy, homerjg007, reds77

Just saw this...phillies_joe 2 trades BV under $30 in total. Just sent him a message yesterday.

I figured out afterwads that they were probably shaddy. Kept sending me trade requests every day for like 1 base card (different card each time). Finally told him that that his org of 12 cards (lol) was too limited and not to request a trade until I had received my cards. I'm not responding back to him on his request for my address, I'll let the police / USPS handle it when I send stuff tonight (Thanks for the links).

Lesson learned: listen to my gut...receive before sending anything with people who have < 15 completed trades.....listen to the advice I have seen here 100 times (really wish I didn't have to operate like this....it's "only" cards). Sorry too all that got burned....mine were only base and inserts, hope other's were not high valuded stuff.

[Image: phillies_zps8d7d2990.jpg]
06-11-2013, 11:07 AM
RE: CARDS101 (12 people and counting)
I have spoken with Andrew through the mod email account and he says he will be returning everyone's cards. He cannot afford DC and is 13yrs old. I advised him to tell his parents and will keep everyone updated on when he mails each members' package back.
Hopefully, this ends with all cards returned.

Looking for these Members!!
TOS
Various help topics

[Image: 72team.jpg]
Beckett Member #113 - US Army-TX