`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Request for pricing advice to new seller

Request for pricing advice to new seller
I am new to getting back into cards more seriously; so I have some beginner pricing questions.

I recently came into ownership of an extremely large collection of cards and action figures. I need to downsize by selling about 200,000 cards and over 100 action figures at a toy expo in a couple months; so I am looking for selling advice.

Nearly all of the cards are from about 1999-2002. They are in excellent condition, have not been cherry-picked, and are mostly pretty good cards (e.g. several complete sets of Greats of the game, Topps chrome, Bowman’s Best, etc.). They are a mix of football, baseball, and basketball cards.

I am seeking recommendations on how to price. I would prefer to err on the side of pricing too low and selling, rather than trying to squeeze every possible penny out of them:
• complete sets (e.g. Upper Deck Ovation 2000 cards 1-60, UD piece of history 2002 cards 1-100, Topps Heritage 2001 cards 1-110, etc.); I am thinking that about 1/3 of the Beckett high price would be appropriate; so $7.50 for the Ovation (BV= $20), and $10 each for UD piece of history and Topps Heritage (BV= $25 for each of these).
• fairly large unsorted lots (e.g. 1000 Topps Chrome 2002 cards, 500 upper deck black diamond 2000 cards, 1000 quantum leaf 2001 cards); the cards have a minimum high value in Beckett of about .50/.75 each. I am thinking about cutting this by about 90-95%. So selling lots of 1000 cards for $25, lots of 500 for $15 and lots of 100 for $5.

Are these proposed prices above too high? Too low?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (I am also open to any other constructive general feedback for a new seller; in addition to my specific questions about pricing.)

RE: Request for pricing advice to new seller
Wow that is a lot of cards. It is hard to say but that is usually the way to go. I am in the same kind of pickle. I am debating on selling most of my collection and focusing on just what teams that I enjoy or HOF players. It's a hard thing to do and ebay fees really kill me with what percentage they take out after a sale. I have sold a few items here basically the same way.
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

Good luck--that's a lot of cardboard to handle in any way, so actually getting them sorted well will be a challenge!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

You may want to go on Ebay and check out what everything sells for. That's probably your best bet on how to price them. Also, if you have anything of current stars today or recently retired ones, you may want to set them aside and check how much they'd sell for before just "giving" them away.
For instance... The football draft class of 2001 especially autos... Brees, Vick, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, LaDainian Tomlinson...
Good luck!
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library