`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nolan Ryan Question

Nolan Ryan Question
I'm a younger fan and never saw Nolan Ryan Pitch. Can someone tell me why his hall of fame plaque is with a texas hat and he is most associated with the rangers when he only pitched a few mediocre/decent years at the end of his career with them? His best years were with the angels followed by the astros..
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

RE: Nolan Ryan Question
A player can choose what team he wants to go in with.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

I wouldn't call any of his years mediocre. He did pitch a no hitter with the Rangers as well. I would of liked to see him go in as an Astros but that is just me.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(06-05-2013, 04:01 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: A player can choose what team he wants to go in with.
actually, it is up to the hall of fame

I didn't think about this, I guess he is the current owner of the Rangers but doesn't explain why he went in as one to me...
His time in California he had 138 W, 3.07 ERA, 2416 SO. Houston: 122 W, 3.14 ERA, 2167 SO. Texas: 51 W, 3.43 ERA, 939 SO. I just don't get it
REYES CARD COUNT-366

(06-05-2013, 04:12 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: actually, it is up to the hall of fame
Actually Josh, It, may be up to the HOF now, but at the time of Nolan's Enshrinement (1999), a player could choose what team he wanted to represent.

To the OP: I don't know why Nolan Ryan picked the Rangers over the Astros. He's a Texas man. So that narrows it down to the Rangers & the Astros. He probably picked the Rangers, b/c that's where a lot of his milestones took place His 5,000th strikeout, 2 of his 7 No-Hitters, and 300th win all occurred with the Rangers. For these reasons, that's why I think that Mr. Ryan chose the Rangers. That's a great thought provoking question!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-05-2013, 04:38 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Actually Josh, It, may be up to the HOF now, but at the time of Nolan's Enshrinement (1999), a player could choose what team he wanted to represent.

To the OP: I don't know why Nolan Ryan picked the Rangers over the Astros. He's a Texas man. So that narrows it down to the Rangers & the Astros. He probably picked the Rangers, b/c that's where a lot of his milestones took place His 5,000th strikeout, 2 of his 7 No-Hitters, and 300th win all occurred with the Rangers. For these reasons, that's why I think that Mr. Ryan chose the Rangers. That's a great thought provoking question!!
Thank you very much!! Makes much more sense

REYES CARD COUNT-366

(06-05-2013, 04:44 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: Thank you very much!! Makes much more sense
You're Welcome!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Ryan could pick whatever team he wanted, and I take it Ryan ended on bad terms with the Angels, lol...

"Though Ryan's strikeouts and no-hitters got him considerable media attention, he did not win over Angels general manager Buzzie Bavasi, who dismissed him as a flashy .500 pitcher (Ryan was 26–27 in the two years both were with the Angels). When Bavasi let Ryan leave after a 16–14 record in the 1979 season, Bavasi remarked he only needed to replace Ryan with two 8–7 pitchers, adding, "I think my plumber could do that."