`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Debut we've been waiting for!!!!!!

The Debut we've been waiting for!!!!!!
About 3 years ago my daughter kelby, who was 3 at the time, and I went to a beloit snappers game when the timber rattlers were in town. We were trying get a few autographs from a few the t-rats players since we're big brewers fans. One player I was especially looking to get was a young man with a funny name who was just named to the Midwest league all star game. We caught him on his way to the dugout and I asked if he would sign my ball, he said "sure, no problem". I congratulated him on making the all star team and he quickly said thanks and handed me the ball back. Before I could thank him for signing for me he dropped to one knee and with a big smile said "Hi! My name is Scooter, what's your name?" Then kelby told him her name and he asked her if she liked baseball. She said she does and he said "Awesome! So do I, its my favorite!" He talked to her for another couple minutes then he told her he had to go get ready and gave her a hi five then stood up, shook my hand and went to the field. It made her day. We get a lot autographs from players who come through town but no player had been as nice to my kid as he was ( there have been a few since). Tonight Scooter Gennett is making his first career major league start for the brewers, with a couple of his biggest fans cheering him on.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

RE: The Debut we've been waiting for!!!!!!
That's awesome. How excited is your daughter?

Great story. It's awesome to hear stuff like this.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Very, very cool.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-05-2013, 10:04 AM)benner73 Wrote: Great story. It's awesome to hear stuff like this.
+1
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(06-05-2013, 10:52 AM)elberson Wrote: +1
+1
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

class act...wish all players were like that

That's awesome. What a humble guy. I'm always a fan of players like that! Hope he comes through for your Brewers!

Heard some good stuff about him. Name came up last night in convo at a Tampa Yankees game

Really nice story. Thanks for sharing.