`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What is the Mt Rushmore of your team?

What is the Mt Rushmore of your team?
I asked this over at the baseball forum and decided that it would be fun to see all of the other sports too. What players would you put on a Mt Rushmore to your favorite team? Only rules are players only, no coaches or owners, and you can only give 4 players. If you have pics of cards that you would like to add of those players, that would be cool too.

My team is the Packers and I would have to choose:
Brett Favre
Reggie White
Bart Starr
Paul Hornung

RE: What is the Mt Rushmore of your team?
I seriously randomly thought of this exact idea yesterday, that is weird
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

Great thread:

Redskins Mt. Rushmore
Sammy Baugh
Sonny Jurgensen
Art Monk
Darrell Green
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

Miami Dolphins

Marino
Griese
Czonka
Jake Scott

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Vikings
Fran Tarkenton
Alan Page
Carl Eller
Cris Carter
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

cowboys:

dorsett
emmitt
aikman
staubach

hard not to put too tall or randy white on there

This came up in Chicago when Urlacher retired. lol

Bears

George "Papa Bear" Halas
Walter "Sweetness" Payton
Dick Butkus
Mike "Da Coach" Ditka

Phins

Dan Marino
Bob Griese
Larry Csonka
Jason Taylor
(06-04-2013, 03:21 PM)jgrunert Wrote: I asked this over at the baseball forum and decided that it would be fun to see all of the other sports too. What players would you put on a Mt Rushmore to your favorite team? Only rules are players only, no coaches or owners, and you can only give 4 players. If you have pics of cards that you would like to add of those players, that would be cool too.

My team is the Packers and I would have to choose:
Brett Favre
Reggie White
Bart Starr
Paul Hornung
I just had to say I realize you said just players but Vince Lombardi may have meant more to the Packers than everyone else combined. Its your thread and can have any rules you choose but Lombardi has to be on the Mt Rushmore or the its not worth having one IMO. lol. Same with Papa Bear or Tom Landry. Just my $0.02. : )
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Eagles:

Chuck Bedarnik (just about everyone's pick for the greatest Eagle ever)
Steve Van Buren (this guy was even before my parents time playing in the late 1940s, but Bednanik said he was the greatest football player that he ever saw and first Eagle in the HOF - so if the consensus pick for the best Eagle ever says that Van Buren was the best football player that he ever saw that is good enough for me)
Brian Dawkins (the heart and sole of the Eagles' best era since the 1940s)
Randall Cunningham (gets the nod over McNabb because I wasn't 15 when McNabb was the most exciting player in the NFL but I was 15 when Cunningham was. If only he stayed healthy)

Honorable mentions:

Donovan McNabb (he's the Eagles best quarterback ever, but Cunningham was more fun)
Brian Westbrook (paired with Mc Nabb that was a lethal backfield when healthy)
Jerome Brown (may well have been the best player on a defensive line that included Reggie White)
Harold Carmichael (on the NFL's all 1970s team am really too young to remember him but even with the inflated modern passing stats his touchdown total is still impressive)
Tommy MacDonald (way too young to remember him, but he's in the Hall of Fame so he obviously deserves a honorable mention)
Ron Jaworski (he was the quarterback and face of the Eagles when I became a fan - and he's still a definite fan favorite even if he ranks as the third best QB that the Eaglse got from the Rams (Norm Van Brocklin and Roman Gabriel are the others)

Should have been on the Eagles Mount Rushmore if not for having a series of some of the worst owners in sports history:

Reggie White (no Eagles fan is upset at him for leaving. Every Eagles fan is upset at Norm "Dollar Bill" Bratten for not even trying to keep him)
Sonny Jourgeson (so you have a great young quarterback on your roster who just finished a fantastic year and offered a seemless transition from Norm Van Brocklin and what do you do? Trade him to a rival team for someone named King Hill for no discernible reason, of course. Perhaps the worst trade in NFL history).
(06-04-2013, 04:45 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: This came up in Chicago when Urlacher retired. lol

Bears

George "Papa Bear" Halas
Walter "Sweetness" Payton
Dick Butkus
Mike "Da Coach" Ditka

Phins

Dan Marino
Bob Griese
Larry Csonka
Jason Taylor

I just had to say I realize you said just players but Vince Lombardi may have meant more to the Packers than everyone else combined. Its your thread and can have any rules you choose but Lombardi has to be on the Mt Rushmore or the its not worth having one IMO. lol. Same with Papa Bear or Tom Landry. Just my $0.02. : )
Wasn't Halas a player for the Bears back in the 1920s? If so, he would count even on players only - of course going back to the 1920s would also raise the question on whether "Red" Grange should be on the Bears Mt Rushmore for without him there is a good chance that the Bears - or the NFL for that matter would have ever made it out of the 1920s.

There are some teams that are so tied to a particular owner or coarch (see the Raiders with Al Davis or in baseball the A's with Connie Mack) that it is really impossible to imagine a Mount Rushmore for those teams without them.

Obviously Curly Lambeau would have a strong case to be on any Packers Mount Rushmore as well. I mean they named the Stadium after him and all.

to me, it doesn't seem right to exclude Earl "Greasy" Neale from the Eagles Mount Rushmore. He was one of the best coachse of his era and the best coach that the Eagles ever had - plus, its just fun to type Earl "Greasy" Neale.

But perhaps its more interesting this way to look at players only - especially in regards to card collecting where owners and coaches may not have a lot of cards - do people pick old school legends that they may have never seen - or do they pick personal favorites - or do they pick the best of their time of fandom. There are a lot of ways to go here.

Been a fan since their creation is 1996,not alot to go with but.....my Ravens Mountain would have these guys:

Ray Lewis
Ed Reed
Derrick Mason
Joe Flacco
[Image: Npcz9Sk_zps02cb653f.png]

OU Mt. Rushmore
Very hard to just pick 4 but I will go with my All Time Favorites.
Brian Bosworth-should hae won the Hiesman lol
Lee Roy Selmon-A little before me but from what I have read and what Switzer and I wanna say Bear Bryant have said, he must be on list. Plus he has awsome autos. You can actually read them.
Adrian Peterson-Might go down as the all time Rushing leader with far less years than Emmit lol
Billy Sims

Def have to have an honorable mention
Tony Casilias
Roy WIlliams-Prob the best Strong safety to ever suit up for the SOONERS
Sam Bradford
Kieth Jackson-Best Sooner TE Ever, Gresham and real close 2nd
Steve Owens-Before my time but to hold the college TD record for so long has to have been great
Jamelle Holieway-Greatest Wishbone QB ever. I know some Husker fans will dissagree lol

Great thread Look forward to seeing the others.