`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC?

COMC?
Does anyone on here have any experience in selling through COMC? I've got just a few dozen that were just added to the site and I'm looking for some help with selling strategies. What do all of your recommend for percentage of BV to set the prices at? Any tips? Thanks everyone!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

RE: COMC?
I set my prices around 60% of book on most things, basically because on most of my inventory I'm fine with getting half of what I'm asking and expect to get offers at half the asking price, the lowest that someone can offer. As you price your cards you will see if any copies of that card are on the site and what range of prices they are listed at. I tend to price more toward full book or even over if there are no other copies on the site and tend to do okay when that's the case. For example, since I'm the only person who has submitted 2004 MLB Showdown to the site I'm selling singles daily at 50 cents apiece when I couldn't get them to sell at shows in a penny box.

Maybe it's just me, but it has gotten a little tougher over there. I was a bit of an early adopter, and did really well. But the site had gotten so popular that with many cards there is a saturation, and everyone is battling to be the low man. People are selling cards with $5bv for $.50. If you are selling something a little more rare or brand new you will probably do just fine. I could be in the minority, but that has been my experience.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

I'm somewhat new to COMC too. I only sent two batches with only a total of 150ish cards.. if you want your cards sold fast, you're going to have to put it at the lowest out of everyone that has the same card for sale like aquariustg wrote up there. My 2nd batch i only had two cards that i really wanted sold ( buxton ref auto (sold) + will middlebrooks rc plate auto (still available ) i added some inserts from 2013 bowman to help get my shipping/processing fee back.
Clayton Kershaw | Robinson Cano | Buster Posey | Miguel Cabrera | Joey Votto

Yeah, I'm curious to see how it goes. I've got a few hundred cards (mostly inserts) being processed there, so I'll play around with it. Their fees have me nervous, I hadn't realized than an extra $.25/card goes towards shipping. I'm saving my best cards for Ebay or trading still, I'd just like to make enough to purchase a few boxes from Blowout and keep from dipping into the bank.

(06-04-2013, 01:17 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Yeah, I'm curious to see how it goes. I've got a few hundred cards (mostly inserts) being processed there, so I'll play around with it. Their fees have me nervous, I hadn't realized than an extra $.25/card goes towards shipping. I'm saving my best cards for Ebay or trading still, I'd just like to make enough to purchase a few boxes from Blowout and keep from dipping into the bank.
It's a common misconception that the seller gives up that quarter. That isn't part of your sale and you get what you sell your card for. If you price a card at a dollar the buyer pays $1.25 but you still get your dollar.

(06-04-2013, 01:44 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: It's a common misconception that the seller gives up that quarter. That isn't part of your sale and you get what you sell your card for. If you price a card at a dollar the buyer pays $1.25 but you still get your dollar.
No, I get that, but it's misleading to the buyer. For example, I just sent in a bunch of Bowman colors and inserts for their $.50/1 Day option (that took three days). Now if I've got a card I can't price it at less than $.75 or I'll lose money. Even higher once you consider the price of my shipping to them and the 20% they take out when you cash out. Plus the buyer has to pay an additional shipping fee at checkout.

In the end I'm struggling to see the advantage of selling singles on COMC versus selling in lots on Ebay.

(06-04-2013, 02:01 PM)cross4444 Wrote: No, I get that, but it's misleading to the buyer. For example, I just sent in a bunch of Bowman colors and inserts for their $.50/1 Day option (that took three days). Now if I've got a card I can't price it at less than $.75 or I'll lose money. Even higher once you consider the price of my shipping to them and the 20% they take out when you cash out. Plus the buyer has to pay an additional shipping fee at checkout.

In the end I'm struggling to see the advantage of selling singles on COMC versus selling in lots on Ebay.
I basically sell everything I can possibly send in. Doesn't matter if I sell it for less than 25 cents. I usually send in big lots for one month processing (25 cents) of low end, and do 50-100 card lots of good cards for the one week(50 cents). Basically, the money that I make from the smaller lots of good cards covers anything that I end up selling for less than 25 cents. But, even with a fair number of cards in my lots selling for less than a quarter, I have gotten back more than my processing fee on every lot I have sent in. I don't even bother with ebay anymore.