`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won a Jackie Robinson card from Topps and the free extra they sent me.(Scans)

Won a Jackie Robinson card from Topps and the free extra they sent me.(Scans)
I entered a contest from Topps that was posted on Facebook and I was one of 5(I think) who won a free Jackie Robinson Allen and Ginter mini Yankee Stadium Tribute card. I was thrilled and sent them my address like requested. About a week later they tell me I have to send them another address because they cant ship to a P.O. Box, so I use my dads address. I wait another week or two and hear nothing from them and ask if they have received my message with the new address. Nothing. I ask once more thinking that they are overwhelmed sometimes with comments and messages that it may take them awhile to get to mine. Finally someone replies and says they got it and for having to wait they were going to send me an extra free card. I'm stoked and cant wait to see what my extra card would be. My step brother calls and says I have a package from Topps at the house and I go to open and see my prize. They send me a 2001 Topps Golden Moments Jackie Robinson(pictured in scan) as my free card. I appreciate the free card but still feel a little disappointed that they would send a card valued at under $.60. Hehe. Not only that but the card was placed under the ETopps seal on the Ginter mini. So now it looks like the seal on the Mini has been tampered with. But then again I cant argue with getting a free card.

[Image: Cards_zps776849ff.jpg]
Since I accidently posted this in the trading forum the Robinson 2001 Topps is for trade. Hehe.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

RE: Won a Jackie Robinson card from Topps and the free extra they sent me.(Scans)
mpc, I said the same in our PM's, but it really amazes how a company can be so technologically advanced as to produce and distribute trading cards but not have the common sense we all seem to have when it comes to shipping cards. How many of us would volunteer to work at Topps and help them understand their short-comings? I would be down for a couple hours a day, anyone else?
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: Won a Jackie Robinson card from Topps and the free extra they sent me.(Scans)
thats so cool, how did you win them

(06-03-2013, 06:24 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: thats so cool, how did you win them
Topps posted a contest on Facebook and to enter you had to like the post then comment on what current player most reminds you of Jackie Robinson. I chose Ichiro.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]