`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Trade Help

Fantasy Trade Help
I am in a Dynasty League in it's 4th year.

My offense is unbelievable for a 12 team league. I literally am first in every offensive stat but two and those two I am second (avg and hr's).

My offense sits as follows:

C: Willin Rosario
1b: Joey Votto
2b: Dustin Pedrioa
SS: Troy Tulo
3b: Miggy Cabrera
OF: Adam Jones
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: Dominic Brown
UT: Jed Gyorko
B: Josh Willingham
B: Raul Ibanez
DL: Mark Tex
DL: Curtis Granderson

My pitching, which has traditionally been my strength, has really struggled. I traded Darvish for Adam Jones in the off season simply because he walks so many freaking people last year but now it's a mistake. Almost all my pitchers are struggling. I'm last in wins, 3rd to last in whip and walks and doing well in saves, hold, , k's, and picking up ground in ERA.

SP: Gio Gonzales
SP: King Felix
RP: Jason Grilli
RP: Jonathon Papelbon
RP: Francisco Rodriguez
P: Jesse Crain
P: Darin Downs
P: Jared Burton
B: Jeff Samardjzia
B: Derek Holland
B: Kris Medlen
B: Dan Haren
B: Michael Wacha
B: Jake Odorizzi
B: Bruce Rondon
DL: Josh Johnson
DL: Roy Halladay

With, Halladay, Johnson, Medlen, Haren, and even Gio to a lesser extent all struggling, it's been a rough go. I am barely hanging onto first.

Okay... so maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal but I love Jedd Gyorko. Would you trade him for Jeremey Hellickson or Trevor Bauer? What about Justin Masterson? I know he seems like the best of these guys but I just don't trust the k's. And in a league with an inning cap, ratios are super important. Maybe I am wrong.

RE: Fantasy Trade Help
i personally would go with trevor for him. On a lesser note how the hell you get all those good players lol
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Assuming you have Gyorko at a very cheap value in this dynasty format, I would hold on to him longer and wouldn't trade him for any of the guys you mentioned.

Is it a standard 5 x 5 in terms of stat categories?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Im not sure, but since you got teixeira back you culd put him on the util spot and use teh extra pitching help you need. Maybe you could wait for tex to heat it up a bit before doing it.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The stats are:
Hitting: Runs, HR, SB, AVG, OPS, RBI, and BB
Pitching: Wins, walks, k's, sv, holds, era, and whip

We talked and I think we are actually going to do something a bit better. Gyorko and Ellsbury for Matt Harvey and Dexter Fowler.

As far as how I got all these players, I am a very active trader and I keep an eye on the trends. I actually don't collect prospects. This is the most prospects I have ever had during the season. But I am very good on waivers before the season start and load up on prospects and then unload them during spring training. I do it every single year. I usually get 5-6 guys during the initial waiver process and most guys get 1. I also rarely ever trade for pitching and nearly every off season I unload all my closers for a player or two. Since so few closers keep their jobs, their off season value is super low but trade value always seems to be good with guys who finished in the lower half of saves the year before. My offense is so freaking stupid.

lol oh so your league is one of those leagues that allow pick-ups in the offseason kinda makes sense then. See I close pick-ups in the offseason in my league that way people cant pick up all the stud prospects they are in the draft this way. ya your offense is pretty sick kinda reminds me of my team in my dynasty league

c-posey
1st votto
2nd- zobrist
ss- reyas
3rd- a-rod
1st/3rd-rizzo
ss/2nd- andrus
of-trout
of-kemp
of-ellsbury
utl-harper
utl-pence
b-youkilis

I then have
castallanos
billy hamilton
oscar taveras

all on my bench just waiting to be called up
my pitching is not as good as yours though mostly prospects waiting to be called up the top people for my sp are

bumgarner
shelby miller
bucholtz
darvish
buaer
teheran

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

We don't allow pick ups the entire off season. We play on Yahoo and close pick ups the day before the last day of the season and I usually have the league up the day Yahoo has them up. But it's usually up a solid month before the season. We set waivers to 5 days as soon as we load the teams. This is my bread and butter lol.

Ya I just wait till after the draft that way people dont load up on prospects and then the draft sucks but hey everyone does there league a dif way

We don't have a draft since it's a dynasty league you keep everyone.

But when the league starts Yahoo adds new players every year so your initial waiver spot is important for picking up prospects. I am just better organized and use the system better than everyone else.