`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
andrew aplin

RE: andrew aplin
Wow, not many people have an actual opinion outside of copy/paste what old scouting reports have to say. Impressive! Nobody actually watch baseball around here?? Anyone have an opinion that is that of their own??!!! Too many lazy people are willing to jump on any hype wagon and are content to wait for it to come around as they spend tons on prospects who have nowhere to go but down and get crotchety with me when I try to throw you dogs a bone.

It's ok fellas, go get your Byron buxtons and Polancos but hindsight is 20/20 and you heard it here first.

And fyi i'm not dating him but when he travels to Illinois we enjoy candle light dinners together and a hot bubble bath with very erotic consequences!

Sorry but not a prosprer. Following MILB is next to impossible time wise, have enough trouble keeping up with the majors.

Thanks for the thread though....needed a good laugh today. (deep breath....ahhhhh....relax)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I was going to respond but I'm pretty sure there is no point anymore. Hope you didn't plan on trading on here because after all of this, nobody is going to wanna deal with you. I know I don't. Smh...
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(05-29-2013, 12:53 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: I was going to respond but I'm pretty sure there is no point anymore. Hope you didn't plan on trading on here because after all of this, nobody is going to wanna deal with you. I know I don't. Smh...
+1

Why, just why?

(05-29-2013, 12:29 PM)beniss Wrote: Wow, not many people have an actual opinion outside of copy/paste what old scouting reports have to say. Impressive! Nobody actually watch baseball around here?? Anyone have an opinion that is that of their own??!!! Too many lazy people are willing to jump on any hype wagon and are content to wait for it to come around as they spend tons on prospects who have nowhere to go but down and get crotchety with me when I try to throw you dogs a bone.

It's ok fellas, go get your Byron buxtons and Polancos but hindsight is 20/20 and you heard it here first.

And fyi i'm not dating him but when he travels to Illinois we enjoy candle light dinners together and a hot bubble bath with very erotic consequences!
Wow, I don't see anyone getting "Crotchety" here, but you. Don't understand the whole 'angry' thing when there wasn't anyone being rude to you. There was only a difference of opinion and some advice.

Appreciate the 'heads up' on the future savior of baseball, Andrew Aplin!! I really hope he makes it to the 'bigs' one day soon, so the next time the 2 of you are bathing and dining, you can look back on this day and laugh at all of us fools for not buying up every one of his pre-rookie cards when we had the chance to get in on the ground floor. Smile

Sorry, I don't have any opinions to share about a player that I've never seen play ball, but I have some advice ... use proper protection during all "Erotic Consequences" Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-29-2013, 02:58 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sorry, I don't have any opinions to share about a player that I've never seen play ball, but I have some advice ... use proper protection during all "Erotic Consequences" Smile
This just got weird lol...

(05-29-2013, 12:53 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: I was going to respond but I'm pretty sure there is no point anymore. Hope you didn't plan on trading on here because after all of this, nobody is going to wanna deal with you. I know I don't. Smh...
Oh PLEASSE, Please trade with me!!! I have all of these Aplins to dump!
(05-29-2013, 02:58 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow, I don't see anyone getting "Crotchety" here, but you. Don't understand the whole 'angry' thing when there wasn't anyone being rude to you. There was only a difference of opinion and some advice.

Appreciate the 'heads up' on the future savior of baseball, Andrew Aplin!! I really hope he makes it to the 'bigs' one day soon, so the next time the 2 of you are bathing and dining, you can look back on this day and laugh at all of us fools for not buying up every one of his pre-rookie cards when we had the chance to get in on the ground floor. Smile

Sorry, I don't have any opinions to share about a player that I've never seen play ball, but I have some advice ... use proper protection during all "Erotic Consequences" Smile
Wow, you said it yourself, you have never seen this individual play yet insist on posting in this thread like you have something to contribute.
Sad thing is that seems like the norm around here. How do you people collect prospects but don't watch them play??? You might as well just throw darts at pics of prospects because it would be no different then the guessing game I see being played by you folks.

How the hell does anyone "research" prospects without watching them play?? What a joke

you know just cause they play good in the minors really does not mean anything. For instence I am a red sox fan and go to a few sea dog games a year which is there double a team. They had a kid there named nate spears pretty good all around player always seemed to come up with the big hit if you just went by numbers and watching this kid you would be sure he would be a stud in the mlb. Now just checking here how many people have really heard of nate spears I am guessing not many. Even though he was great in the minors he will never really do much of anything in the mlb he is just not that type of player. He would be a great utl player maybe but never anything you would want to spend a lot of money on. My point being just cause you watch this kid and he does good does not mean he will be a good mlb player or that his cards will sky rocket. Prospecting is a tough thing to do and honestly kinda impossible for the most part. You kinda just have to have a feeling on a player and go with it and hope it works or just get really lucky. That is why most people just go off of people who are in the top 100 or 200 and not try to figure out players who are in single a inless its someone like a buxton or something like that who is already a top prospect.

In the end if you decide to buy into this guy good luck and I hope he works out for you. I myself have never heard of him so I can not say one way or the other if he is good. All I can say is I do many dynasty fantasy baseball leagues were I study a good amount of prospects and I have never heard of the guy so that should say a lil something. Just dont get how you can get mad at us when we say the scouts who get paid to say who will be good and bad say this kid will not be anything specail but because you watch him and think dif we are stupid for not agreeing.
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

You've got some serious issues, man. Either that or you're some fresh out of high school for the summer kid with too much time on his/her hands.

You offered an opinion and got some that differed from yours and proceeded to fly off the handle when people don't believe that you're the guru of Houston Astros High A baseball.

If you're only on here to stir up trouble, why not do everyone a favor and go somewhere else with it. I won't go so far as to say nobody will ever trade with you like someone else did, as this is typically a pretty forgiving and accepting bunch on these boards, but if you build up the reputation of a jerk you're going to turn people on you really, really quick.

Maybe your goal isn't to trade so it doesn't matter to you, but you might have questions about identifying a card or checking out an Ebay scam or something similar and because of your "reputation" you may not get the help you're looking for.

Perhaps I missed something and someone made a comment about him never having a shot at MLB, but everything I've seen on here indicates nobody said never. And no, maybe we're not crowding around the computer to watch MiLBTV, but he also doesn't appear to be on the radars of Baseball America or MLB.com. So maybe you're just better at it than everybody else, maybe you got made that nobody bowed down to your baseball IQ ... either way get over it and move on.
Kepler