`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is your card collection organized?

RE: How is your card collection organized?
I employ a couple of different strategies, so organized chaos is an apt description.

My PC guys, all 27 of them, are in penny sleeves in 5000 ct boxes, mixed together and not ordered. They are all cataloged in my ORG and I don't show them to anyone really so no need to have to find a specific one quickly. Long as I know which row it's in then I can find it fast enough.

That's kind of the same approach I take with all my other base and less valuable cards except I've had to forgo penny sleeves on all of them otherwise I'd need to drop another $2000 on cases of sleeves since I have somewhere north of 500,000 unsleeved still. New product I open gets sleeved though. Then everything goes in 5000 ct boxes.

All of my relic cards are in one touch holders and then in the 2 row shoe boxes.

All of my cards above $5 are in penny sleeves and then toploaders and then in the 2 row shoe boxes.

Both of my graded cards are in a graded card box. I went ahead and got a box planning ahead for if/when I pickup a few more graded cards of my PC guys.

I have replied before about organization of collections..but here are some things I use.
All my Giants cards from 1958-2013 are in binders, alphabetically by manufacturers..
[Image: bindershelf.jpg]
My binders are in cases to protect them as well as stop the bending pages sometimes get in binders
[Image: binder1.jpg]
The cards I have on Beckett are in plastic cases, in top loaders for the cards worth $3 or more.
[Image: plasticboxes1.jpg]
The lower value cards are in boxes, RCs separated and in large plastic cases by years and manufacturer
[Image: room1.jpg]

Just some of the ways I try to stay organized..and even then I lose a card..

If a HOFer starts and ends a career with any Chicago team but the Sox, that player gets top billing. It only gets more complicated and OCD from there.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

<$3 = 5 row boxes
$3 - $8 = binders
$8 - $80 = penny sleeves and toploaders
$80+ = one touch magnetics