`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on This Card

Thoughts on This Card
I came across this cased card... The card is listed, but as a card only. Any thoughts on a value with a game-used swatch included?

Thanks.

[Image: SCAN0003_zps6430b55d.jpg]

RE: Thoughts on This Card
I've seen a Kobe Topps Chrome RC with the same feature - a jersey slabbed in on top right.
This is a great question, and I hope someone can help. Was it an expensive card?
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.

I think its an extra you could add on for like $20 extra or something like that. From what ive seen, it slightly raises value but not much. I think if thats a six dollar card, you might get ten with the jersey.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-25-2013, 11:32 PM)johanolsson Wrote: Was it an expensive card?
I honestly don't remember where I picked this one up. I'm gonna guess it was a bonus in a box I opened, at some point.

It's interesting, though.

Can I take this as a legitimate piece of a jersey as Beckett was willing to put their name on it? Or for some $ amount can you add any old piece of fabric and say it was someone's jersey?

I would think, if Beckett was going to put their name on it, there would be some belief that the swatch is real. Else they risk bringing their grading/authentication into question...

Its real if its from Beckett. But since its not actually a piece of the card, it looses intrest from most collectors.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

This was a gimmick that Beckett and other grading companies got into around 10 years ago when the game used cards really started taking off. You could send any card in from a list of players and have it graded along with a piece of game used material added. There were a few companies that sell repackaged cards at Target and Walmart that started using these as a way of guaranteeing 1 graded and game used card per pack. There are a lot of variations since Beckett wasn't the only one doing this at the time, but most collectors have minimal interest in any of them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/