Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please real or fake
Star 
Help please real or fake
Was curious if this is real and I know there are some great collectors on here who may be able to help
[Image: A48D4B01-BD82-482A-A553-72FE8AB54325-109...6a54c5.jpg]
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

RE: Help please real or fake
mantle's auto is fairly easy to fake...provenance is key. do you know?

the auto looks ok to me from looking at others, but im no expert. the NY logo on the bottom half seems a bit off to me though.

and is there some sort of auth sticker on it and if so who?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(05-25-2013, 12:43 PM)phreakyq Wrote: the auto looks ok to me from looking at others, but im no expert. the NY logo on the bottom half seems a bit off to me though.

and is there some sort of auth sticker on it and if so who?
It's a gai sticker but I've read some bad things about that company

Mantle is one of the most widely faked autographs in the industry because it's not complicated to do without hesitation (which is usually the easy way to tell). On this one specifically, my only concern would be the "y" in his last name. It's usually not as rounded as that. Doesn't mean it's fake it is just a concern for me.

Uh oh, which company? Please tell me you didn't pick it up at a local auction...
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Looks like its real to me! But then, with computers and point plotters, who really knows. It could be a copy. The actual sig that I saw him sign is almost identical to a replica ball that I own and is pretty darn close to the one you have.
If it is real or if it is a fake and if PSA/DNA certifies that it's real, does it make it so? Smile if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound Smile what I'm saying is ... How can you REALLY know, unless you were there to actually see it signed. Everything else is just an educated guess!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-25-2013, 02:12 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Looks like its real to me! But then, with computers and point plotters, who really knows. It could be a copy. The actual sig that I saw him sign is almost identical to a replica ball that I own and is pretty darn close to the one you have.
If it is real or if it is a fake and if PSA/DNA certifies that it's real, does it make it so? Smile if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound Smile what I'm saying is ... How can you REALLY know, unless you were there to actually see it signed. Everything else is just an educated guess!
True it's all someone's opinion I wonder if anyone has sent something to psa that failed and sent it back for a second look and it passed

(05-25-2013, 02:42 PM)Blury1 Wrote: True it's all someone's opinion I wonder if anyone has sent something to psa that failed and sent it back for a second look and it passed
Im sure it happens!
It's probably the same percentage of people resubmitting a graded card to Beckett or PSA and getting a 1/2 - 1 grade higher.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.