`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Its 2013, and the customer service could be....
05-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Its 2013, and the customer service could be....
Better. When they receive the packages I am sure they have to look at the form for the grading service level. It would literally take 1-2 minutes at most to enter the order number in the system so it updates the member. It is really crappy people pay a substantial amount of money ($200+ on my recent submission), and they can't keep you updated in a timely manner......customer service could def improve..

[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Its 2013, and the customer service could be....
(05-24-2013 01:18 PM)msimonds Wrote:  Better. When they receive the packages I am sure they have to look at the form for the grading service level. It would literally take 1-2 minutes at most to enter the order number in the system so it updates the member. It is really crappy people pay a substantial amount of money ($200+ on my recent submission), and they can't keep you updated in a timely manner......customer service could def improve..

I can't agree with you more. I think nowdays many large corporations are finally beginning to realize the importance of true customer service....not just saying you care about your customer but really putting your service at a level that shows you do.

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]
05-25-2013, 08:04 AM
My latest submission was $750 and was sent to my regional rep instead of just to Beckett. My credit card was charged 2 days later, my order is due Tuesday and 2 days ago it was uploaded to the system. I agree a "Your order has been received" email should atleast be sent. But I'm sure a lowbie accepts the order and sorts them by timeframe and is done with them with the next person not touching them until close to the due date. One thing customers could do is call and ask about their order and if enough people call enough times then they would finally realize an email would save time and stop people from calling.

Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC
05-25-2013, 08:17 AM
(05-24-2013 01:18 PM)msimonds Wrote:  Better. When they receive the packages I am sure they have to look at the form for the grading service level. It would literally take 1-2 minutes at most to enter the order number in the system so it updates the member. It is really crappy people pay a substantial amount of money ($200+ on my recent submission), and they can't keep you updated in a timely manner......customer service could def improve..

It wasn't this way when I first started using BGS (Oct 09). You would get an email where you could check your status on the Beckett Grading Services web page. Not sure why it changed.

I usually do 100+ cards on my subs with 45 day service. I only know that they got there because I track it myself through USPS, and then I see the charge hit my credit card sometime in the 45 days. Then I still wait for the status from BGS to know when the grades are available.

John

[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector
05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
(05-25-2013 08:17 AM)zubaltec Wrote:  It wasn't this way when I first started using BGS (Oct 09). You would get an email where you could check your status on the Beckett Grading Services web page. Not sure why it changed.

I usually do 100+ cards on my subs with 45 day service. I only know that they got there because I track it myself through USPS, and then I see the charge hit my credit card sometime in the 45 days. Then I still wait for the status from BGS to know when the grades are available.

John

Ok, I'm finally going to respond. He's right. An email notification used to be sent out. I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me. The way it was explained to me was, that it is due to the new software for the upgrade.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
05-27-2013, 09:06 AM
....and of course I just got an email from Beckett asking me to subscribe to online guides. I have the football one. That's the only sport I collect.

Still waiting on ANYTHING from my $215 dollar order.

[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile
05-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Agree 100%. Absolutely one of the worst decisions on part of bgs was downgrading their level of customer service. It USED to be that if you sent in cards they would let you know via e-mail that they received it. Now you simply get NOTHING. In my opinion a simple "we received your order" is just common sense and that takes very little time and effort on their end.. and will go a long way for the customer worried about their cards. It's too frustrating and really not worth the trouble anymore to send in cards. My 1/1's deserve better. Maybe they'll realize their mistake when enough people just stop using their "service" lol. It's possible jeffv96masters could help.. he's helped the most in the past.. but he alone cant always be the only one.. they really need to fix this problem and stop blaming it on software.
05-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Speaking of software....I assume that SW is involved with the issue regarding the problems with serial numbers not showing valid. How is it that when you get a new order the serial numbers show up in the serial number lookup but when you try to add the card to your registry is says serial number not valid? I don't know about you all but when I send cards in for grading I am anxious to get them back and build my registries.....but serial numbers are not valid. I mean really....the thing that alwasy seems to work well is the SW that is responsible for all of the proactive ads to let you know how you can spend more money..

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]
06-03-2013, 08:49 AM
I also appreciated the "Your order has been received!" message.

They have my vote to bring it back.
07-06-2013, 07:18 AM
The service has improved!

Beckett just finished my 45 day order. I received an email about a month ago that my order was in there system, and would be completed on July 5, 2013. Beckett completed it on July 5 and charged my card on July 5. I'm very impressed that they have improved on there system. Customer service is getting better people.

John

[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector