`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dare to Tear

Dare to Tear
I'm a huge fan of Panini's revival of the Zenith line in 2010-11. I'm scouring for boxes online, since I enjoy breaking the box so much.

When I get the boxes, I obviously acquire one Dare to Tear per box. Last I saw in the Beckett publication, the quoted prices were for ripped cards. Does anyone know who to get the card inside the 5x7 without severly damaging the 5x7 itself? I've only torn one card but couldn't figure out how to other than ripping it in half, which is painful to do.

Thanks.

RE: Dare to Tear
I can't comment on 10-11 Zenith, but when I did it with 97-98, I'd take a pair of box-cutters and slice the top of the card area (it was easy to see where the small card was sitting), but you can't do it too hard, or it'll cut/indent the front.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(05-21-2013, 03:39 PM)arrowsg30 Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Panini's revival of the Zenith line in 2010-11. I'm scouring for boxes online, since I enjoy breaking the box so much.

When I get the boxes, I obviously acquire one Dare to Tear per box. Last I saw in the Beckett publication, the quoted prices were for ripped cards. Does anyone know who to get the card inside the 5x7 without severly damaging the 5x7 itself? I've only torn one card but couldn't figure out how to other than ripping it in half, which is painful to do.

Thanks.
I bought a box and tried slitting the card in half. I missed the seam and ended up destroying the card instead. Sorry, Tony Esposito. LOL
The card inside was worth it though: Taylor Hall Donruss Elite Auto.
Currently NOT trading, NOT selling, NOT buying. Sorry.

(05-22-2013, 10:03 AM)eoerikson3 Wrote: I bought a box and tried slitting the card in half. I missed the seam and ended up destroying the card instead. Sorry, Tony Esposito. LOL
The card inside was worth it though: Taylor Hall Donruss Elite Auto.
That is quite worth it.

I have tried separating the card and doing the surgery myself... both times I just impatient and tore the bugger open like a sac of potato chips in the washroom at a Weight Watchers. I am sitting on a Steven Stamkos Dare To Tear right now... and reading about the Hall Auto is starting to get my grubby fingers tingly. Don't know what I should do. Haha!

Randi

Law of averages. If he got the Hall auto, you and me will probably get the Epix insert worth $8.

tear it

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(05-22-2013, 10:41 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: tear it
I did it... and am pretty glad that I did! Results will be in the Box Breaks section soon!

Randi

so let me get this straight, They've decided to put a card into packs that make you want to gamble and see if you can get a better card inside by ripping it open? Holy crap. As if buying cards from them isn't a gamble enough, they throw that in there? THE TORTURE!
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I take a razor blade feel around where the card is and make a cut above where the inner card is and then pull it out there are videos on youtube
121623469-10222379832098571-7865154471714354335-o

Collecting Alex Tuch 493/839 58% 491/644 76% non 1/1
I can Only Ship Wednesdays and Thursdays