`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fake 12-13 ITG History of Hockey Gordie Howe 1/1?

Fake 12-13 ITG History of Hockey Gordie Howe 1/1?
I just won an Ebay auction for a Gordie Howe History Of Hockey Original Art Card: Mr Hockey Joins WHA 1/1. After the auction ended, I noticed that there was one previously listed on Ebay. Exact same card except for the series number. The card previously listed was series number 0257/4000. The card I won in the auction is series number 0270/4000. I'm having trouble understanding how there are two of the same card if it's a 1/1 Original Art Card. Is this a mistake by IN THE GAME or is one of them fake? Any information you can give me would be very helpful. I don't want to pay for a fake card.

The url for the previously listed card is http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-ITG-Histor...3102wt_932

The url for the auction I won is http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-GORDIE-HOW..._44wt_1170

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Fake 12-13 ITG History of Hockey Gordie Howe 1/1?
thats kinda nuts have no idea

Take a look at the ITG website at the checklist.

There are 10 unique 1/1 Art Memorabilia cards that were created for the Gordie Howe History Of Hockey Original Art Card: Mr Hockey Joins WHA.

My guess is that each of the 10 cards is hand sketched, but were all drawn from the same picture.

Thanks,
Nathan

(05-21-2013, 04:52 AM)madmack29 Wrote: Take a look at the ITG website at the checklist.

There are 10 unique 1/1 Art Memorabilia cards that were created for the Gordie Howe History Of Hockey Original Art Card: Mr Hockey Joins WHA.

My guess is that each of the 10 cards is hand sketched, but were all drawn from the same picture.

Thanks,
Nathan
THIS!

He beat me to it, there are 10 copies of the card, all original sketch cards so, each is a one-of-a-kind card.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Another reason ITG is such a joke of a company to me... Yea its a 1/1 but there are 10 of them... face palm... This company alone has made me stop collecting new Irbe cards... Its overpriced repetitive head shot garbage, that has dumb gimicks like these with multiple 1/1s... Same goes for their "cross country tour" 1/1's or Pack wars 1/1's or Expo exclusive 1/1's... Each of those 1/1s is the SAME card, yet theres 500 different copys of the 1/1... Oh well this one says toronto, while this one says montreal, while this one has a line thats less that 1mm than the line on that card...
To me the company has no pride and just spews out vomit all over the card collecting world. With the 5000 different overpriced products they release, you know the company is making mad $$$ so why not have some respect for the people who buy the product and aquire the friggen NHL logo license so you dont have to rehash the exact same cards 10x a year under different product names and dont have to come up with the misleading 1/1s that IMO scam people outa money, because a lot of people dont know any better... To me majority of ItG 1/1's are the same as ebay 1/1's (you know, player matched number to seriel number - called a 1/1 but there are really hundreds of that same card)

Sorry bout the rant, but this product has me offically fed up with it.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

The 257/4000 refers to their being only 4000 total cards in the product for all cards distributed.

(05-21-2013, 05:52 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Another reason ITG is such a joke of a company to me... Yea its a 1/1 but there are 10 of them... face palm... This company alone has made me stop collecting new Irbe cards... Its overpriced repetitive head shot garbage, that has dumb gimicks like these with multiple 1/1s... Same goes for their "cross country tour" 1/1's or Pack wars 1/1's or Expo exclusive 1/1's... Each of those 1/1s is the SAME card, yet theres 500 different copys of the 1/1... Oh well this one says toronto, while this one says montreal, while this one has a line thats less that 1mm than the line on that card...
To me the company has no pride and just spews out vomit all over the card collecting world. With the 5000 different overpriced products they release, you know the company is making mad $$$ so why not have some respect for the people who buy the product and aquire the friggen NHL logo license so you dont have to rehash the exact same cards 10x a year under different product names and dont have to come up with the misleading 1/1s that IMO scam people outa money, because a lot of people dont know any better... To me majority of ItG 1/1's are the same as ebay 1/1's (you know, player matched number to seriel number - called a 1/1 but there are really hundreds of that same card)

Sorry bout the rant, but this product has me offically fed up with it.
I've met and interacted with the ITG crew many times, and they are a class act all the way. Though I still love opening ITG products for the chance at some beautiful memorabilia of lesser known players, I'd have to agree with many of the points here.

I, too, have stopped collecting Irbe cards beyond the 2009-10 season due to the incessant flooding of the market with 1/1s left and right, then Gold #/5, #/10, #/9, anything else that means each card will be $150-$200 a pop.

In the last couple of years, collecting Irbe cards has begun to feel like the legend of Sisyphus. You spend weeks getting items off of your list, in essence pushing your metaphorical rock up the mountain. You have that brief moment of satisfaction (not looking at your total spent on the items of course). Next thing you know, the same product you defeated now has a special expo version with two variations and a gold 1/1 for each variation, and then a special version that is only released in some expo in Guatemala, and then 8 Cross Canada Versions, a Pack Wars version..."on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell"...sorry, couldn't help putting a Ronnie James Dio reference in here Smile In essence, the metaphorical rock is pushed right back to the bottom of the hill, given 20 pounds of extra weight, and then you are forced to push it back up the hill.

Pains me to say it, but to me and many others, it is the truth.

I see that PW66 asked this question on another site, with much more positive results, and actual help from the users.

Funny how both of you "poo-poo-ers" are members of that other site, where Dr. Price is a member of and could defend himself, but chose to NOT say such things .. you know... to his face...

Just calling out what I see...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(05-22-2013, 02:06 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I see that PW66 asked this question on another site, with much more positive results, and actual help from the users.

Funny how both of you "poo-poo-ers" are members of that other site, where Dr. Price is a member of and could defend himself, but chose to NOT say such things .. you know... to his face...

Just calling out what I see...
There's nothing to defend. I still love ITG, their products are fun to open, and their staff are excellent people to interact with, however their millions of parallels and their millions of Irbe cards are not something that can be defended, nor something I really need to hear...I have my opinions, as does everyone else. Will they tone it down if I ask? Too late for me to bother. And in my defense, I never actually saw that the person made a thread on those sites as well, as this was the first one that I found and I usually only write a reply in the first instance of a thread instead of writing in all of them.

If you think I am afraid to tell Dr. Price in person, think again. I have voiced my concerns to them in person at expos. I was also happier with their short but sweet lists of PC cards every year.

Plus one thing about me is that I am rarely a so-called "poo-pooer", it takes a lot to aggravate me, and the modern low #d parallel heck that never plagued me during the Pacific era was too much for me to stay quiet this time. I will be putting up a thread on the other sites I frequent in the coming weeks announcing the re-focusing of my collection and the reasons for it.

I don't fear rebuttal.

(05-22-2013, 11:47 AM)irbefan4life Wrote: There's nothing to defend. I still love ITG, their products are fun to open, and their staff are excellent people to interact with, however their millions of parallels and their millions of Irbe cards are not something that can be defended, nor something I really need to hear...I have my opinions, as does everyone else. Will they tone it down if I ask? Too late for me to bother. And in my defense, I never actually saw that the person made a thread on those sites as well, as this was the first one that I found and I usually only write a reply in the first instance of a thread instead of writing in all of them.

If you think I am afraid to tell Dr. Price in person, think again. I have voiced my concerns to them in person at expos. I was also happier with their short but sweet lists of PC cards every year.

Plus one thing about me is that I am rarely a so-called "poo-pooer", it takes a lot to aggravate me, and the modern low #d parallel heck that never plagued me during the Pacific era was too much for me to stay quiet this time. I will be putting up a thread on the other sites I frequent in the coming weeks announcing the re-focusing of my collection and the reasons for it.

I don't fear rebuttal.
+10000

As Bruce said, its not "Fear of Price" that prompted the responce on here, this is where I saw the post. And since the "poo pooer" poster is so keen on where & what I post about, he should know that that was definately not my first rant about ITG...

And honestly I really dont care what Price has to say, he can be the nicest guy in the whole, but as a busniess man, do you REALLY think he's going to outright say "Yes our company makes plenty of money to aqquire the license and still make great profits, but we choose not to because, why spend the money on the license when without we make 10x more money?" Dr. Price doesnt have to defend himself, he's putting out a product and he's making money & people will continue to buy it. Not every customer has to like the product. I liked it the first year that I bought it, but then the "heads" became repetitive, the blurry pictures never changed, the design pretty much never changed, the market as over flooded just to flood it and this year chose to spend my money on other products that are far more enjoyable to me. Its not that I mind new Irbes at all - I loved the new Fleer Retro Irbes and still continue to search to the emrald & auto. But the what? 30+ new Irbes ITG puts out every year? Its just overkill and a buzzkill and its not worth me spending 3-$4000 to complete them... Any other company, someone can list an irbe, overprice it on a BIN and Ill swarm on it, but ITG? nah Im done with that section of the collection. Im surprized ITG hasnt put out a Latvians vs the World set yet that features 700 different Irbe & Peter Skudra cards yet lol
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale