IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time card sender
Shocked 
First time card sender
Hey everyone,

I have been a picky collector for 25 years (on-and-off-again) and I have always been picky about my cards. I can find something wrong with just about every card, but I do have a handful that I want to send in (roughly 12 cards). The problem is I am not sure exactly what I am being charged for. I went to PSA and it seems they want $35 per card w/out a membership, $20 a slab or so(can't remember exactly). Let's say I want to send in 13-30 cards for 20-days, which comes out to $11 per card. How much is it going to be for slabbing those cards and shipping them back to me? ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. :-)

RE: First time card sender
If you go to the grading tab up top and click on print submission form on the left hand side, you can fill it out with how many cards you have and the cost for shipping to you and insurance based on your declared value as well as tax if you live in Texas.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

13 cards @ $11/ea = $143 (0 autos, those are an additional $2/ea regardless of service/turnaround).
$8 Return Insurance if declared value is less than $1000
$15 Return Postage for 1-19 cards.

$166.00 for 13 non-auto cards that meet that criteria.
$356.00 for 30 non-auto cards that meet that criteria. (Return Shipping on this quantity bracket is $3 more.)

Hope this helps,
Adam

Thanks Adam and others. I guess the encapsulation costs are not as bad as I thought. Looks like I will be sending some cards in July! The customer service rep for PSA told me a ridiculous amount for but encapsulation and return shipping per card. As you stated it looks like it is just one fee for your package. I have my form filled out for the most part. One last question if you don't mind...Can I mix BVG with BSG? I thought I read I couldnt.

I've never had anything that had to go to BVG, but I'm pretty sure they'll redirect it even if you fill in the form wrong. They aren't gonna send a 1952 baseball card through BGS instead of BVG because you said so, basically.

So the short answer, yes I'm pretty sure you can mix it in there, even by mistake.

(05-25-2013, 03:12 PM)yardpenalty Wrote: One last question if you don't mind...Can I mix BVG with BGS? I thought I read I couldn't.
Yes, you certainly can.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
Thumbs Up 
I just sent my first small batch in almost two weeks ago and the submission process was very simple. Good luck with the submission and keep us updated.
Check out my collection on photobucket --------> http://s813.photobucket.com/user/Will75/library/?sort=6&page=1