`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap cards, but priceless memories...

Cheap cards, but priceless memories...
Recently, I have set my sight on completing the following two low-end non-autograph insert sets.

[Image: granthillhotlist.jpg] [Image: davidrobinsonflywith.jpg]

If my memory serves, these are the first insert cards with the odds of over 1:10 that I pulled from packs. I was merely a student at that time, and these cards were already considered "hits" by my standard at that time. Unfortunately, I left behind the original cards that I pulled when I immigrated to the US.
With some spare money to spend recently, I decided to pick up these cards again. The two cards above are the ones that I just bought not too long ago.

The card on the left hand side is from the 1996-97 NBA Hoops "Hot List" insert set (20 cards in total), with stated odds of 1:48 from hobby packs only.
The card on the right hand side is from the same product, but another insert set called "Fly With" (10 cards in total), with stated odds of 1:24 from retail packs only.

They are not expensive at all, and they are not serial-numbered, but words can't describe how I love their acetate design.
And yes, these cards made me even more biased toward the 90's cards and inserts. Smile

With that being said, do you guys have similar experience? Feel free to share. Smile
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

RE: Cheap cards, but priceless memories...
(05-17-2013, 03:27 PM)bjho1983 Wrote: Recently, I have set my sight on completing the following two low-end non-autograph insert sets.

[Image: granthillhotlist.jpg] [Image: davidrobinsonflywith.jpg]

If my memory serves, these are the first insert cards with the odds of over 1:10 that I pulled from packs. I was merely a student at that time, and these cards are already considered "hits" by my standard at that time. Unfortunately, I left behind the original cards that I pulled when I immigrated to the US.
With some spare money to spend recently, I decided to pick up these cards again. The two cards above are the ones that I just bought not too long ago.

The card on the left hand side is from the 1996-97 NBA Hoops "Hot List" insert set (20 cards in total), with stated odds of 1:48 from hobby packs only.
The card on the right hand side is from the 1996-97 NBA Hoops "Fly With" insert set (10 cards in total), with stated odds of 1:24 from retail packs only.

They are not expensive at all, and they are not serial-numbered, but words can't describe how I love their acetate design.
And yes, these cards made me even more biased toward the 90's cards and inserts. Smile

With that being said, do you guys have similar experience?
Feel free to share if you want.
ah yes! the 90's my generation. i remember seeing the cards you posted and i still have some of them that im trying to dispose. I remember walking around with the big binders and trying to score the MJ's and Penny's etc. pretty much my collection started in the 94-96.

RE: Cheap cards, but priceless memories...
Oh I'm right with you as well man. I pulled the Stackhouse Fly With back in the day and loved the look of it! I'm about 99% sure I still have it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]