Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help identifying Shaq card...
Question 
Help identifying Shaq card...
Going thru some of my 80s and 90s stuff to try get them in to my trade queue and ran across this Shaq that I am unsure of. I have no others from this series to compare it to so I am seeking assistance in identifying it. Based on appearance in general, it looks very much like a refractor to me, but some print runs were just that way even with their base cards so who knows. My suspicion is that it is in fact the base card (1st listed) but I think there is a chance it is the normal refractor also (last one listed)?

Any help would be appreciated. (Sorry about all the reflections in the pics and scan, they are from the 4 point)

Photo of front
[Image: ShaqBB95front.jpg]

Hi-res scan of front
[Image: ShaqBB95hiresscan.jpg]

Back
[Image: ShaqBB95back.jpg]

OPG Results
(I assume it's not a violation to put this in a post so long as the prices are not showing? If not just let me know please)
[Image: ShaqBB95searchresults.jpg]
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

RE: Help identifying Shaq card...
This is just a base version. In 1997-98 Bowman's Best labeled the refractors as such by writing "Refractor" under the card number on the back of each card. The Atomic Refractors were labeled as "Atomic" above the number and "Refractor" below the number. You can see examples below
Example of Atomic Refractor:
[Image: 6d5b98a5-ce79-44f8-b1d0-fd19c37cbfa5.jpg]
Example of Refractor:
[Image: 1287f8a0-69d7-4147-9f8e-611c98753e30.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I believe that is the base as the refractors will say it on the card near the number. I think some of the earlier years don't but that year they did put which one it was as I have a few I can check.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Perfect! Thanks for your help.

(05-17-2013, 10:31 AM)djohn Wrote: This is just a base version. In 1997-98 Bowman's Best labeled the refractors as such by writing "Refractor" under the card number on the back of each card. The Atomic Refractors were labeled as "Atomic" above the number and "Refractor" below the number. You can see examples below
Example of Atomic Refractor:
[Image: 6d5b98a5-ce79-44f8-b1d0-fd19c37cbfa5.jpg]
Example of Refractor:
[Image: 1287f8a0-69d7-4147-9f8e-611c98753e30.jpg]
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]