`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations to shelbysaleen! Winner of the Danica #0 card.
Star 
Congratulations to shelbysaleen! Winner of the Danica #0 card.
Well, I did it. I've bought 5 retail blasters and I pulled a 2nd Danica Patrick #0 Historic Poll at Daytona. So, true to my word, I'm going to hold a little contest...winner gets my dupe.

Two-part contest. Part One is open to everybody. Part Two will be between the Final 2 who either guess the correct answer or comes closet to the answer in Part One. In case of a tie and more the 2 guess the correct answer or are the same number away from the correct answer, those who tied will all qualify for Part Two.

Part One is open from Now until Sunday, May 19th, 10:00 PM CST. The Final Two will be announced Sunday Night/Monday Morning and Part Two will be Posted during the day, Monday, May 20th. The contest will end when the Final 2 (or more) post their answers to Part Two.

(If there are any questions to this and you need clarification, please ask and I will do my best to clarify)

--- --- ---

Part One:

I am currently 34 years old. Since I was 16, how many vehicles have I owned?

--- --- ---

The answer to question one is 11 vehicles.

The 2 closest guesses belonged to:

nutshell278 - 9
shelbysaleen - 13

The list of vehicles I've owned are:

1 - 1984 Chevy Cavalier
2 - 1980 Chevy Van
3 - 1987 Toyota Tercel
4 - 1994 Saturn
5 - 1982 Camaro Berlinetta
6 - 1989 Chevy Celebrity
7 - 1991 Toyota Tercel
8 - 1994 Chevy Blazer
9 - 1986 VW Vanagon
10 - 1988 Buick Skylark
11 - 1998 Dodge Dakota

--- --- ---

Part Two:

So, shelbysaleen and nutshell278, here is your final question.

How many Speeding Tickets has this list of vehicles given me?

--- --- ---
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Y'all, I actually pulled another one...Contest Time! (Part One)
Should we PM you our guesses or post them here? I think PM'ing the guess works best, so that you know folks aren't copying each other.
Secondly, what do you consider as 'owned'? Are you talking about cars whose title had your name on it, or total cars in which you were the main driver?
Example: My 1st car was given to me by my Mom and Stepdad, but my name was not on the title. After I wrecked it, they let me use another car and I was the only one driving it. My 3rd car was given to me for a HS graduation present and the title was actually in my name (they took the 2nd car back). Do you see what I mean with this question now? Smile
I know I'm being complicated, but you asked about clarification first. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Also, when's your B-day? I am also 34, but only for about another month and a half.

(05-17-2013, 12:40 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Should we PM you our guesses or post them here? I think PM'ing the guess works best, so that you know folks aren't copying each other.
Secondly, what do you consider as 'owned'? Are you talking about cars whose title had your name on it, or total cars in which you were the main driver?
Example: My 1st car was given to me by my Mom and Stepdad, but my name was not on the title. After I wrecked it, they let me use another car and I was the only one driving it. My 3rd car was given to me for a HS graduation present and the title was actually in my name (they took the 2nd car back). Do you see what I mean with this question now? Smile
I know I'm being complicated, but you asked about clarification first. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Also, when's your B-day? I am also 34, but only for about another month and a half.
OK, Cars that MY NAME WAS ON THE TITLE. And my birthday is July 11th...7-11.

Also, I think I'd rather the answers be posted here in the thread. I don't want anybody thinking I'm playing favorites. If people copy each other, then they do. But I'm not sure that be a good strategy. I've not discussed this topic with anybody, including my good friends here on Beckett...this is one of the reason I chose this topic. If somebody copies an answer and it happens to be the correct answer or 2nd closest, then both participants will make it to the finals.

And yes, I did ask for clarification...anything else, my friends?

COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Okay, thanks for clarification!

I'm going to guess... 5 cars.

As for your B-day, I see now why we click so well! Don't you hate being called a "Cancer" OR a "Crab"?! Wink
Mine is 07/07/78! Sooooo many people say "If you were born a year earlier..."
NO DUH!

Big Grin

(05-17-2013, 01:41 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Sooooo many people say "If you were born a year earlier..."
You know, I actually hear this a lot too...not because it would have been so damn lucky like you...but just because it rhymes. Not to mention it rolls off the tongue much nicer than 7/11/78! Tongue

And yes. I HATE the whole Cancer/Crab thing! Worst Zodiac sign EVER!! lol

My guess is 4 you CRAB! Smile

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

I am going with Lucky 7.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

IM guessing 13. and crab is better than pices
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

6! Great idea for a contest!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I'm going to go with 8 Cars.