`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I am in love with this babe...

I am in love with this babe...
Check out the 2013 Museum Collection Babe Ruth Cut Autograph that's on ebay (not my auction). It could be genuinely the most amazing card I've ever seen. It's a little over double what I would personally pay but I am considering making a reasonable offer anyways. I would have to sell my Bowman cases for sure to put a dent in that bad boy.

RE: I am in love with this babe...
Go got it!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

That is a sweet card but I'd rather buy a car or something. Good luck to you if you decide to go after it.

You mean the one at $4495 ??
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The one at $18,999 obo. He is really really high right now.

And a car is exactly what I am trying to buy and I really didn't want to spend any money on cards this month. I sort of think at that price it isn't going anywhere for a while though.

That's a pretty crazy card.....I could never pay in the thousands for a card even if I did have a spare few thousand bucks. Whoever does end up with it will have an awesome piece of baseball history though!

(05-16-2013, 10:05 PM)slufan83 Wrote: That's a pretty crazy card.....I could never pay in the thousands for a card even if I did have a spare few thousand bucks. Whoever does end up with it will have an awesome piece of baseball history though!
I don't mind spending the money if it's something I think won't lose value. Something like that will at least hold it's value in the short term and probably increase in value over time. Any time I am going to get into the 4 digits I make myself to think in those terms which is why I don't tend to drop that kind of money on guys who have never played in the majors yet. There is just too much variance in those type of investment. I get that it often pays off pretty big but the odds just aren't good enough. I want a safe investment if I am spending that sort of money. I've never thought of my collection as an investment but I don't want to waste my money either.

With that said, that all may go out the window when/if Puig gets some nice Bowman Draft cards. I think there are more "can't miss" guys but I just see him being a staple for the Dodgers for years and even if he is a bust, at least he is a Dodger bust. I am going to make a run at the rainbow if he gets an auto and since he is already pretty hyped I am guessing that is going to be a pricey venture. Of course, if I do attempt to go after this Babe, it will be pretty hard to do something like that.

The main problem I have with this is thinking about how many of my PC guy wants I could knock out with the same amount I would have to spend on this. Hershiser sells so cheap that I could probably pay for every single Hershiser card currently on the market for what this one card costs.
I should clarify, I don't plan on selling anything I have ever. I keep some stuff around to trade because it's fun to trade and some people have stuff I want and are only willing to trade. My theory has always been, if you have to think "I like this because I could sell it one day if I needed to" then you just shouldn't buy it, period. At the same time, the businessman in me just can't justifying overpaying for something with no long term security.

(05-16-2013, 12:27 PM)jstbuch Wrote: The one at $18,999 obo. He is really really high right now.

And a car is exactly what I am trying to buy and I really didn't want to spend any money on cards this month. I sort of think at that price it isn't going anywhere for a while though.

Ohh i guess i didnt see that one
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s