`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks QB in MLB uniform

RE: Seahawks QB in MLB uniform
(05-19-2013, 08:40 PM)westhoustonvw Wrote: Except for this card pre-dated his football rc's by 2 years. There's a lot of upside on him if the Seahawks can go somewhere in the playoffs.
ainge's baseball rookie predated his basketball one. he won 3 championships as a player and another as a gm.

his baseball rc has remained stagnant for a decade or more, worth a couple bucks

(05-19-2013, 10:21 AM)dspainjr Wrote: Also Eric Lindros
This id never heard of, i had no clue he played another sport..... i tried looking it up but cant find anything, what else did he play?? lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-19-2013, 09:03 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: This id never heard of, i had no clue he played another sport..... i tried looking it up but cant find anything, what else did he play?? lol
He has a 1990 Score Rookie/Traded card in baseball.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-19-2013, 09:38 PM)djohn Wrote: He has a 1990 Score Rookie/Traded card in baseball.
I had no idea, found it on ebay and found out id never seen it before lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-19-2013, 08:45 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ainge's baseball rookie predated his basketball one. he won 3 championships as a player and another as a gm.

his baseball rc has remained stagnant for a decade or more, worth a couple bucks
apples and oranges comparing to Ainge

Chrome parallels like this of Wilson were really hot a few months ago when the Seahawks were in the playoffs. I sold a gold for $150 that I bought for like $12.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

The sad thing is that this card is PURE Photoshop. He was drafted by the Rockies while he was still playing baseball and football at NC State. He NEVER played for the Colorado Rockies. He played for the Asheville (NC) Tourists during the summer, who are affiliated w/ the Rockies. However, he wanted to play football. The whole reason he went to the University of Wisconsin to play QB was that NC State didn't want him to play baseball in the MiLB and QB for the football team. They also wanted to move on at QB to Mike Glennon.
Seems like it worked out well for both QB's!

(05-19-2013, 08:45 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ainge's baseball rookie predated his basketball one. he won 3 championships as a player and another as a gm.

But what would Ainge's blue refractor sell for? Just a different time and marketplace...

I sold Russell Wilson's draft red refractor for 1150 during this past season.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(05-20-2013, 03:31 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: The sad thing is that this card is PURE Photoshop. He was drafted by the Rockies while he was still playing baseball and football at NC State. He NEVER played for the Colorado Rockies.
its just like ANY other bowman prospect card
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(05-21-2013, 03:11 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: its just like ANY other bowman prospect card
Yea, I know. It's kind of sad that they don't use the actual picture of them playing (or posing) for a minor league team and just put the MLB affiliates' logo on the card itself. What's the point of Photoshopping them into a uniform they might not ever wear?

(05-22-2013, 12:46 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Yea, I know. It's kind of sad that they don't use the actual picture of them playing (or posing) for a minor league team and just put the MLB affiliates' logo on the card itself. What's the point of Photoshopping them into a uniform they might not ever wear?
I do agree with this as well.
I would rather see the players in their actual uniforms worn during the game that the picture was taken in and be in the corner the logo of the affiliate.
But i also understand the need for the pure team thing instead of the Low-A or Even AAA jerseys for some teams.

I do think it would be nice, if on the back it would say, for example
2012 with Nashville Sounds then his stats instead of not knowing without a good amount of research what level and where he was playing.

However I do that anyways so not a big issue for me.

www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios