`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New and need some help

New and need some help
new to collecting Hockey cards but im gunna start im a huge hockey fan and Chicago Blackhawks fan but back to the help im going to check out a sports card shop near me tomorrow some time and just trying to figureout where to start what packs or sets are good for the money i will spend not going to go crazy my first time out but gunna pick some stuff up any help would be greatful thank you
[Image: gHSBw39.png]

RE: New and need some help
Well my advice would be stay awy from Retail stuff, its mainly just base cards. And never EVER expect to make the money back from what you buy. If you get that thought out of your head straight away, youll be in for a far better collecting experience for mine. I think you cant really go wrong with a set like SP Authentic, the cards frequently have a great design, there is a chance to hit something big (probably not this year so much with the lack of rookies in the product) but earlier years are still viable. Just watch out for some older products like Artifacts, even SP Authentic, umm because lots of products have redemtions in them, which the older the product, the less likely you are to get your card. The redemptions expire you see, so once theyre gone, its lucky dip as to whether the company will honour them. I also like OPC, its a large base set, its relatively cheap, and theres also the good chance of a really nice card, and theres zero redemptions usually. Hope ive been of some help Smile
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(05-13-2013, 11:37 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Well my advice would be stay awy from Retail stuff, its mainly just base cards. And never EVER expect to make the money back from what you buy. If you get that thought out of your head straight away, youll be in for a far better collecting experience for mine. I think you cant really go wrong with a set like SP Authentic, the cards frequently have a great design, there is a chance to hit something big (probably not this year so much with the lack of rookies in the product) but earlier years are still viable. Just watch out for some older products like Artifacts, even SP Authentic, umm because lots of products have redemtions in them, which the older the product, the less likely you are to get your card. The redemptions expire you see, so once theyre gone, its lucky dip as to whether the company will honour them. I also like OPC, its a large base set, its relatively cheap, and theres also the good chance of a really nice card, and theres zero redemptions usually. Hope ive been of some help Smile
alot of people were saying to get the artifact ones because they are nicer cards and ive watch alot of box breaks of them and they look nice and seem like you get good hits in pretty much every pack i see people opening and i have seen the redemption cards wasnt to sure about them but thank you for that heads up and you said SP im not really sure what that is or OCP and yes i wasnt meaning to make money off by that get my money back i ment my moneys worth out of it i dont wanna waste money to get tacky cheap cards or cheap looking

Yeah the Artifacts cards are very nice, they dont have many redemptions in those this year, i meaant older years, like 2009-10 and earlier Smile SP Authentic is just a brand by Upper Deck. OPC is O-Pee-Chee, they do a set every year, lot of base cards and parallels, and inserts, but good fun if you want to open a lot of packs for not much money. Lol, yeah i wasnt accusing you of doing it for profit, ive just seen a lot of people go through with that idea, and then get disappointed and leave the hobby, thats all.

Sig by tha_penguin

Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%

(05-13-2013, 11:57 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Yeah the Artifacts cards are very nice, they dont have many redemptions in those this year, i meaant older years, like 2009-10 and earlier Smile SP Authentic is just a brand by Upper Deck. OPC is O-Pee-Chee, they do a set every year, lot of base cards and parallels, and inserts, but good fun if you want to open a lot of packs for not much money. Lol, yeah i wasnt accusing you of doing it for profit, ive just seen a lot of people go through with that idea, and then get disappointed and leave the hobby, thats all.
no im just a huge hockey fan not in it for money but thanks with that OPC and SP think how much do the Artifacts usually run

Artifacts will usually run you about 100 a box, maybe more. Same for SP Authentic, OPC you might find for 60 or 70. Im not sure, i order all my stuff online, i live in Australia lol.

Sig by tha_penguin

Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%

(05-14-2013, 12:41 AM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Artifacts will usually run you about 100 a box, maybe more. Same for SP Authentic, OPC you might find for 60 or 70. Im not sure, i order all my stuff online, i live in Australia lol.
oh well damn lol prolly takes a while to get to you also

Haha yeah, its a bit frustrating ordering things, instead of being able to just got to the LCS, but its fun when it gts here, im like a kid in a candy shop haha. And like a dog waiting for the mailman before it gets here hahaha.

Sig by tha_penguin

Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%

(05-14-2013, 12:55 AM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Haha yeah, its a bit frustrating ordering things, instead of being able to just got to the LCS, but its fun when it gts here, im like a kid in a candy shop haha. And like a dog waiting for the mailman before it gets here hahaha.
ya i bet im thinking about gettin into these box breaks on ebay and stuff any pointers or things to stay away from?

bought some upper deck 12-13 series one and a beckett mag jw if anyone knew where to find series one in the mag i just cant find it i found 2 inserts i got but i got a numbered out of 100 and i cant find it at all any help?