`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sure Is Quiet Here
05-13-2013, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 10:18 AM by dmasci.)
Sure Is Quiet Here
After all the fanfare of the new registry and a new forum board there sure isn't much activity here.

I know there are still issues with the registry regarding invalid serial numbers, cards showing in other people's registry etc. but there has to be something to talk about here.

I keep hearing that the registry is what makes PSA so great and it would seem to me that part of what makes it great would be the activity and conversation that surround it???? I have no idea since I don't use PSA.

When I read the FB forum here there is always a lot of conversation and yet there is very little conversation on the site regarding graded cards in general....

Just my personal observation

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2013, 08:37 AM
RE: Sure Is Quiet Here
Its not so much the "Registry" its the chase of filling the registry. I havent noticed too much activity on PSA's boards (tho I have only been there a handful of times) and this one seems on par lol. The allure of the registry is to fill it and compete and the recognition it brings among the circles. Mostly the registry brings in more cash for Beckett and PSA as people submit more to retain or overtake the number 1 spot.

Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC
05-14-2013, 09:46 AM
I hear ya Branesergen....I did go over to PSA and did like the articles that they post talking about different sets and how hard they are to put together with quotes from some of the leaders of a given set. Here, you seem to take time to put stuff in the registry which many times means you have spent money to have the cards graded but that's about it. I just don't see much interaction between Beckett and the members that spend the money to keep it in business.

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]
05-14-2013, 10:35 AM
I would love to talk about the 61 Fleer basketball set but since half of my cards won't upload to the registry, I have nothing to say.
05-14-2013, 02:21 PM
(05-14-2013 10:35 AM)patrick54 Wrote:  I would love to talk about the 61 Fleer basketball set but since half of my cards won't upload to the registry, I have nothing to say.

Is your set comprised mostly with cards that are in the Old Labeled Slabs? There still is a problem with Registering vintage cards in the Old Labeled Slabs.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
05-14-2013, 08:36 PM
(05-14-2013 02:21 PM)nolan5000 Wrote:  Is your set comprised mostly with cards that are in the Old Labeled Slabs? There still is a problem with Registering vintage cards in the Old Labeled Slabs.

I have quite a few of the old Copper BVG labels in this set. It's really a shame my favorite BGS/BVG grades from the old days still aren't working in the registry. I haven't even been on the registry after trying to get these to upload for a straight month.