`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1 box of 2012 prism, and a quick story

1 box of 2012 prism, and a quick story
So I was heading in to the local LCS for our usual Friday night wax fix. It's usually the owner of the shop and 5 or 6 other people busting packs/boxes and talking shop.
So I was going to grab a box of '11 Panini Contenders Baseball. 6 autos in a less than $100 box is always appealing to me. When I get to the shop a couple of guys are there already. As I walk in they point at me and start laughing. I say "what's so funny?" The owner says "remember that box of contenders you asked me to order?" I say "yes" he says "well your girlfriend was just here, she bought it" (one of the few downsides of having a girlfriend that collects)

One of the guys who comes a lot is someone who spends a ton on cards, and makes a ton as well selling on ebay. He sold a BGS 10 Harper auto for 7k that night while we were all hanging around. He had bought a box of football that night and pulled a Peyton Manning auto. So he says "that box of prism baseball was held for me, but I'll let you buy it, I've had a hot hand lately so it will have something good. But you have to open it here, right now."

So I decide to get the box, start opening it. Pulls were decent. Got Posey, Trout, Harper, Strasburg USA cards and a refractor of the Strasburg as well. The first auto was Wade Davis, not great but I was happy with the majority of what I had gotten. Then in the second to last pack, this shows up:

[Image: prism001_zps1120fc04.jpg]

I have to say, I was glad he gave me that box. Although my girlfriend did pull a Jackie Bradley Jr auto from her box of contenders.

RE: 1 box of 2012 prism, and a quick story
Awesome pull man! So was it from a Hobby or Retail box? My LCS likes the product so much he ordered a few retail boxes to sell.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Nice break and great story! If your girlfriend found a Gregorious auto in there i would be interested.

(05-13-2013, 10:24 AM)dspainjr Wrote: Awesome pull man! So was it from a Hobby or Retail box? My LCS likes the product so much he ordered a few retail boxes to sell.
It was a hobby box.

Nice break and great story! If your girlfriend found a Gregorious auto in there i would be interested.

She didn't get one of his, I'll double check when she gets home from work tonight but that name doesn't sound familiar.